Dancing with the Angels

<<But there's one thing I can say for certain. Heroes really do exist. We've just seen one, and now he's coming home. >>
-AWACS SkyEye

It was around the early hours of the night in Falmart before the three-man black operations team met Rory Mercury. The airfield Mu built in the Kingdom of Altarus has been overhauled for use as a military base for modern usage. The facility had been expanded, and there were now a large number of combat aircraft and P3C patrol planes stationed there. The P3Cs were fully loaded with unguided bombs on all hardpoints, on the fuselage and wings.

Before the morning sun rose over the Great Orient, one after the other, the P3Cs took off, circling in the skies before forming up

Before the morning sun rose over the Great Orient, one after the other, the P3Cs took off, circling in the skies before forming up. The planes launched from the Kingdom of Altarus, FNS Alder, and the Principality of Qua Toine merged into a single fleet and set course for the empire. They were on their way to destroy their enemy.

It was a huge fleet of turboprop aircraft the likes of which hadn't been seen since World War II. The P3C bombing formation contained seventy units, all pointed at the military base north of the imperial capital of the Papaldia Empire, Esthirant. They were going to bomb it to hell.

Meanwhile, the combined fleet, after returning their troops after the liberation of Altarus then set their course to the 'superpower' to finally bring an end to the Papaldian menace. To the people of the kingdom, what they only saw were like the messengers of the Sun. They came, they fought and left. Liberating them from tyranny and left a mark on their hearts.

<<This is Silber Squadron, entering formation.>>

<<We've got quite a few Aces with us.>> An F-15J pilot sarcastically snide.

<<Weebs are sticking around too. Gargoyle 1.>> Another retorted.

<<I don't care what country anyone's from. What counts is knowing who the real enemy is. Right guys?>> Another Japanese pilot said.

<<Affirmative. And I think everybody here knows the score.>> Their AWACS said.

<<All planes: We're gonna make them pay today! Commence Shock and Awe mission.>>

----------------------

Lumiess looked down on the capital from within the castle. No matter how many times she went over it in her head, the only explanation she could find for this situation was that a miracle occurred. She thought back.

Papaldia's ambassador had demanded that she be given over to him as a slave. At the same time, the king, her father, was pressed to transfer the rights to the core of the kingdom's economy, the Siltras magic gem mine, over to the empire. When the king refused to comply with these demands, the Papaldia Empire, a superpower, started a war with the Kingdom of Altarus. The Altaran navy was wiped out by the Papaldian navy, and, similarly, the elite Altaran ground army was wiped out by the imperial army.