Prologue

"BRRRRRRRRRRT"
-Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II

Location: School Alley
Date & Time: 0805 hours Tuesday  [REDACTED] December 2019

Y/N POV
Same shit different day... as I lay down feigning unconsciousness after being battered down by the school bully and his "followers" after they dragged me when I entered school. Honestly, for a son of a successful businessman, I at least expect him to have some level of competence when choosing his inner circle which is composed of only the school's troublemakers.

Why am I in this situation you ask? I was a 17 year old new student exploring and familiarizing the new school I am enrolled to, I arrived at a secluded alley in school and I saw the same guy having a go with his fighting skills on a kid a year below us while his followers laughing as they watched him beat the kid down. Seeing the predicament, I took it upon myself to help and defend the poor kid and just right in time, took the final blow that would instantly get me down to my knees if it wasn't for defending the kid, I quickly told him to run as fast as he can while I hold them off. Safe to say a 1 v 7's conclusion is already determined from the beginning unless you're an OP MC.

So here I am 1 year later after the first incident. As a normal student in a normal school, I reported the incident to the teachers and moved on. Afterward, the bullying, both in ferocity and numbers, increased. It didn't take me long to realize that the bully's father is a successful businessman who is apparently the reason why the school is still standing before it nearly got shut down and has improved ever since. Ever since then, I became the suffering child of Omelas.

Y/N: *sigh* just by knowing his character, if he keeps this up, the fourth estate is gonna swarm him like a school of hungry piranhas until the sharks come and finish what's left of himself and his dad's company stocks.

Y/n thoughts: if I keep up with this, I might be able to skip enhanced interrogation resistance training if I ever get signed up for the draft under a fake name. Hahaha...

I mused myself

A few minutes after being beaten, I stood up and went to treat my wounds and bruises. The reason why I stayed was that I had nowhere and no one else to return and rely on, my parents died when I was 10. Mom was a journalist assigned in the Middle East and got done in by a lucky hit from a stray bullet during the emergence of a new terror group that eventually took control of many cities and important locations while Dad was a Squad Leader of his unit that was sent to a bad part of the city controlled by the Terror group and got ambushed and surrounded by a 2 battalion-sized force while close air was still trying to re sortie after there latest attack run. My dad's uncle, his wife and their 3 children who were younger than me, took me in. A few years passed by and I began to realize just how much they had to work just to support the 4 of us so I took a few jobs to lessen their burden and when I became 18, I moved out and lived in a small apartment ever since and with my efforts and performance, I was eventually granted a scholarship in the very school I attend today. And he knew all of that as he occasionally brings it up during the beatings and threatened to make his father revoke my scholarship and suppress any means to fight back legally if I ever went against him.

As I finished treating my wounds, it was already 0823 hours and I began to head to the school assembly hall as scheduled by the school staff.

Location: School assembly hall
Maximum capacity: 700
Time: 0827

When I arrived, there were approximately 17 people in the hall sitting and chatting with their groups. The bully, who's name is Zach, and his goons were already there. As I was about to take my seat that was further away from everyone else, I saw Zach's mouth developing into a wicked grin as he saw me but eventually it stopped and his eyes darted towards the main door of the hall filled with awe and lust. Being curious, I followed suit and saw a beautiful girl.