The Saderan Gambit

NANI: Nuclear Assisted Naval Invasion

Aces, listen to the video for nostalgia.

Fort Alnus

It was a clear sunny day on the continent of Falmart. As we lay our scene to the holy hill of Alnus, an ominous wail echoes throughout the quiet land as it rises from its slumber originating at the hill where a force unbound by the common sense of its inhabitants of the continent resides.

Emergency sirens installed over the still constructed base sounded off as a massive army has amassed itself near Alnus hill. Infantry can be seen rushing from the different tents and now built buildings towards their defensive lines consisting of trenches and sandbag bunkers. Armored vehicles and tanks such as the Type 74 tanks sprung to life and entrenched themselves in the side of the hill in an angle of depression, giving the main gun a wide elevation to engage. Scattered around evenly were M163 VADS and Type 87 self-propelled anti-aircraft guns ready to take down any wyverns on the air, and howitzers and their operators on the rear ready to play its deadly rendition of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

A satellite spotting only a fraction of its forces was just dumb luck for the forces in the continent. Ever since then, a few Airbus Zephyr High-Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircrafts flying at an altitude of 15,000 meters AGL was offered to provide surveillance and now is now entering the airspace and provide a clear 24/7 aerial surveillance umbrella that immediately spotted forces arriving in droves from different directions marching to flat plain far away from the hill where they all set up camp before the scouts could spot them.

As night fell without incident, much to the relief of the Garrison in Fort Alnus, the remaining allied commanders of the Empire's vassal states arrived. Inside one of the tents, a war council made up of the representatives of the allied army: kings, princes, and generals all sat and listened as a Saderan messenger conveyed their current situation and intentions.

"The Imperial Army's commander isn't coming?"

King Duran of Elbe stood up surprised by the fact.

"Our Imperial Army is facing the enemy at Alnus Hill as we speak. The commander cannot leave." The messenger replied. Still kneeling before them.

Although most commanders were satisfied and convinced by the answer, suspicion continues to loom in Duran and some of his fellow kings' mind.

Flashback

It was the dead of night and a thunderstorm happened to pass over the capital of Elbe. Rain continues to pour down hard with the occasional lightning that would lit up the room through the glass door to his right leading to his balcony, followed by the sound thunder.

King Duran was in his study peacefully finishing up his administrative works for the day. After jamming his wax seal containing his kingdom's crest on the last piece of paper on his desk, he finally let out a satisfied sigh while stretching his arms after another productive day as the king of Elbe and took a sip from his cup of warm tea to further calm his mind.

Another strong flash of lightning brightly lit his study once again, turning the yellow candle-lit room engulfed in a flickering bright pale blue and the small tremor from the following thunderclap. Duran didn't mind the force of Mother Nature from impeding his short time of rest until suddenly, another flash of lightning lit his study once again and the shadow of a woman appeared itself at the balcony lit by the flash of lightning.