Aces, Politics, and Soldiers

"There are three kinds of aces. Those who seek strength, those who live for Pride, and those who can read the tide of battle."

-Larry Foulke

Y/N POV

It was 2142 hours at Jomon. Here in the Ambassador's residence guest room, just spending the peace and quiet after a long drive while I let Kar rest on my shoulder on the bed. It's astonishing how she was great in handling entire armed forces all by herself and refused to take breaks sometimes. But you know what's more astonishing than that? A family. In fact, I'm a lot more glad that the girls were able to get along with each other like when I was surprised when Avrora was very fine with it and able to adapt to their society. Most of the mangas she shared with me before had the category "harem" in them though. But like what a wise man once said to his enemy,

Now maybe you've seen my Darth Vader scene where I mercilessly killed the assassins and saw them suffer from their mistake with my cold eyes. You know, back on Earth, people tend to avoid me not just because I was the scapegoat, it was also my unappealing cold dead eyes and my neutral expression; not to show off, it's again about family. In fact, the real reason I keep my gaze and expression here is that it's a scar and a reminder.

A reminder that some people still care about you despite your scars, because it wasn't that long ago that I was the school scapegoat in a prestigious university in the country to keep my scholarship, sleeping in a cheap apartment on rent with a 9 to 5 job as a teenager. I decided to go independent to make my relatives' lives easier.

But you know what? Something happened that changed my life. I bumped into a curious girl who happened to be heiress of a conglomerate who liked mangas. And a young hardworking but timid German Officer. And a few more. I found many people I considered as my family in this new world. And they showed me what it felt like to have a real family. Again, it's not just about money, it's about the good life; health, wealth, love, and happiness.

And so I was able to kill without hesitation, it's actually simple, you see your loved one in sudden danger and it'll take away any hesitation on taking a life where the difference is either the one you shared countless memories with, dies or you kill a total stranger who tries to kill them in front of you.

I looked at Kar who was peacefully asleep over my shoulders. I could see small bags under her eyes after another day of her hard work. It continues to worry me every day that she still pushed herself even after I had a talk with her about it until we tell her to stop for the day.

Knock... knock knock

A knock came from the door with a brief pause in the first knock that told me who it was.

"Come in."

"Good evening, sir."

It was Hilda still in her disguise. If Enterprise has Key Point G Alterprise, she was Alter Avrora.

"How's your mission? He didn't kill himself, did he? There was sporadic gunfire during the night and the capital's garrison has been alerted."

"Attempted. Sir. They say that he's stable while on my way back."

"Good. Is that all?"

"Yes, sir."

"Then you're dismissed. Also, you don't have to worry standing guard for tonight."