Ethics of Preventive War

"Preventive war is like committing suicide out of fear of death."
                            -Otto Von Bismarck

The recent Gallian Revolution was a period of far-reaching social and political upheaval in Gallia and its colonies. Inspired by liberal and radical ideas similar to the formulation of modern-day democracy, anti royalists, radicals, and ambitious groups began to sow dissent in almost every land when the times of bad harvest, increased overseas colonial garrisoning, all those subjects were steadily imposed during times of grievances by the third estate due to inequalities and spread like a ripple effect from a cluster of water droplets.

The Revolution was a Cold War in simpler terms. Espionage and battles against groups vying for power by using hired men to the simple common folk indoctrinated by their ideals as proxy ran rampant throughout the lands. It was a time of conflict within the shadows as the Monarchy and their supporters became one of the belligerents as they tried to thwart their enemies' plot.

Each following year, support for the Monarchy dwindled as the power of ideas and ideals was too great that it managed to sway the people into overthrowing the monarchy, the ultimate act of executing all members of the royal family and staunch supporters, and the establishment of the Gallian Directory, the catalyst of violent periods of political turmoil, and finally culminated in a Republic under the dictatorship of President Francois Laurent yet many of its principles and ideas presented during the Revolution would then begin to spread among its neighbors and beyond with the idea that a proletarian revolution is needed as a cornerstone.

Château Présidentiel, Republic of Gallia

It was close to midday at Lumiere, the capital of Gallia. President Laurent was having an early lunch together with his fellow compatriots at the garden behind the presidential palace that was once the royal palace. The weather was just in excellent condition that it would be a shame to miss eating alongside friends on this outstanding of days. Ranging from various topics, their conversations seemed to be endless as they talk about from stories about their latest travel to the gossips around the capital.

An attendant bringing a letter placed on a plate was handed to the President for him to read as the seal embedded to the letter was of great importance which changed their everyday topics to curiosity about the contents inside

"Mon Amie, what do you think is written in the letter?" A man voiced out.

Another smirked. "It's probably from Madame Fleurbleue." He jokingly said. "I've seen her talking with Francois alone at night during the banquet a few days."

The rest began to tease the president while others laughed in excitement. "Spare me from your banter, my friends." A bit embarrassed, Laurent lightly waved them off.