006

It seems like a little over week has flown by since I cried at work and fell asleep on the phone in the middle of Bucky's sentence which I apologized hundreds of times and he kept saying that he didn't mind and it was cute. Yeah, any compliment that he makes towards me always has me hot under my shirt and blushing even when he just says 'hi' when he calls me. It's horrible to feel this rush of pure excitement and it feels like I'm experiencing it for the first time. The adrenaline rush when he says he is going to pick me up to drive me to work and when he gently knocks on my door under the golden numbers of my address. It's all intoxicating when it happens and disappointing when Bucky has tried to hang out with me but never really can because of all of the missions he has.

He's climbed through my window a handful of times to scare me when I'm watching tv and suddenly see him appear out of nowhere and when he woke me up in the middle of some nights after he knocked on my door to see me after a mission and barely stepped through my door before he was called out again. The last time, he was playing around with my dagger in my room, flicking his thumb on the edge to check the sharpness, and furrowed his eyebrows over the handle like he could see every little detail I couldn't. He sat on my bed while I was in the shower only to come out to him gone with the last trace of him being a note sloppily wrote out to explain that he has a mission and he was so sorry.

A few minutes after that note, I got a text and a picture of my dagger laying in the palm of his hand with the caption of 'I forgot to leave this... sorry, doll'. Of course, it wasn't a mistake because he's talked about how good the handle is and how cool it would be to 'take it for a spin' as he said it. I didn't mind and told him to call me which was a lot. He called me during my lunch breaks, at night, early in the morning so I could wake up on time for work and he could talk to me as I got ready. He even started paying in advance of any of my meals as an apology for his busy schedule which I always fought him on but, I just let him be and try to better the already forgiven situation.

Get a load of this though:

At work, Dana got in serious trouble when one of the owners, Bill came in unexpectedly three days ago and looked around the store before stumbling across the search history on the store's computer when he was looking at the sales records on both of our accounts. Dana tried to blame it on me but I help up my own laptop in the air with my documents pulled up to show Bill I don't get and never got on the store's computer unless I am ringing people up but, he already knew that.

Dana never told me what her punishment was but I guessed it was her vacation days revoked even though she takes them always without recording them. Regardless, she had an attitude for the rest of the day but at least she isn't being mean to me because I am friends with her two favorite Avenger's. Sounds weird but, it actually has her being super nice to me so she can join the 'Altered Human Friend Group' as Bucky put it.

He promised me that he didn't tell Steve about my magic.

When I called Bucky to tell him how Dana got in trouble at work, he had to leave the room in the middle of a meeting because of how hard he was laughing. From the knowing smirk of Steve, he told me that the team gave the introverted, almost mute teammate a bunch of weird glances and wondered what kind of fucking drugs he took to make him laugh like he was a kid again. He and I would talk a few times but not as much as Bucky and I. Bucky would take the phone in the kitchen and set it up on the counter to help Steve who was always dressed in his blue apron when he was making dinner for everyone.

Steve would update me on the tower life and how everyone was doing but when Bucky had enough and just wanted to talk alone, he just picked up the phone in the middle of him or I speaking and walked away without another word to Steve. We never complained and there was a day when Bucky gave me to Steve so he could run to the bathroom because he refused to hang up on me. During that time, Steve told me that Bucky was much happier and everyone wanted to know why.