56. Veil of Secrets

Wyatt's POV

"A what?"

"A Triad Coven," I said again before opening the book and flipping through the pages. "I saw it somewhere in here but disregarded it because of the lack of three."

"The lack of three?"

"Yeah,"  I said as I handed Melinda the book. She looked down at a page marked "Triad Coven" with several detailed paragraphs. "There are four witches at play here, but as soon as the clock and the number three entered the picture, everything just clicked."

"But there were four witches," Melinda reminded me as she handed the book back. I took it and nodded my head.

"Yes, there were four witches," I said, looking back down at the page. "This page mentions Triad Covens being extremely powerful and usually consisting of a leader; a leader that rules over all power and magic that comes and goes throughout the Coven."

"And?" she questioned, crossing her arms. "I'm sorry. I'm just having a hard time connecting this to Anna."

"That's the thing," I sighed, looking back up at her, "it doesn't have to do with Anna." I watched Melinda's eyebrows raise slightly before chuckling and shaking my head. "Don't you get it? Clara killed Anna out of a power struggle."

"For the leader position?"

"Exactly," I nodded. "I fully believe Anna was a threat to Clara's power so she killed her out of jealousy or spite. She was afraid of Anna taking over."

"Because Anna was more powerful," Melinda said, nodding along, finally understanding.

"Yep," I said, quite proud of myself that I figured something out. I closed the book and held it by my side.

"Now, why is Clara at the manor and Anna at Fort Point?" she sighed, scratching her head as she thought. "What do either have to do with their story?"

"Think of it in storybook terms. If Anna was killed at Fort Point, that's a major setting. The manor is the gateway that Chris created, and..." Melinda watched me curiously as I trailed off and looked off into the distance. There has to be another location; one with great meaning to Anna.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just..." I shook my head and waved my hand to drop the subject. "Never mind."

"No, Wyatt, it could be something," Melinda strongly insisted. "What were you going to say?"

"I was just going to say that it seems Clara is playing in threes, right?" Melinda nodded as I continued, "So, why wouldn't there be a third place, one that Anna's in charge of."

"That makes sense," she nodded slowly, thinking over my assumption. "Anna and Clara appear to be equally helpless at the manor, hence the gateway ask for 'help.' Clara controls Anna's movements at Fort Point, according to Chris's run-ins with her. So, what is a place that Anna has complete control over?"

"A place that is of strong connection to her." Silence surrounded us for several seconds as we thought. Melinda's face suddenly lit up, a smile forming on her lips. I gave her a questioning look. "Well?"

"Would the Bowen Farm have a deep connection and meaning to Anna?"

"That's a strong possibility; although, the farm is probably demolished by now and we have no way of knowing where it was located."

"Well, Sam and I were there for hours. I'm sure one of us could think of a landmark or something."

"I hope so," I sighed, my voice sounding a bit distressed, "because, while Triad Covens are extremely powerful in life, in death the spirits become consumed with power, leading to potentially worse situations."