25| tatooed

The next day...

For once I woke up myself, not to Ethan yelling my name. I picked up my phone by instinct. There were messages from Thomas to my surprise. They were from 1am. I was curious so I owned them.

Thomas:
Are you awake right now?
Thomas:
Sorry for bothering you.

My stomach churned. Was he ok?

Me:
You good cobra??

I tried not to worry too much about it and took a shower. I assumed we were going to be writing today so I threw on a comfy outfit: sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I heard drumming coming from the living room so I walked in. Ethan took out his ear plugs and smiled when he saw me. It melted my heart slightly.

"Ciao Ri." He said, genuinely happy to see me. I ran over and hugged him. "There's more croissants in the kitchen if you want them." He explained. "Ethan the baker huh?" I ruffled his hair and walked to the kitchen.

I put a croissant onto a plate so I wouldn't get flakes everywhere. I needed a break from this life. It was so stressful. Everyday was a whirlwind of emotionally challenging wrecks. Memories from yesterday filled me head, making me grin.

I missed Victoria already. My phone buzzed with a notification. I immediately remembered Thomas so I rushed to see what it was.

It was from Victoria?

Victoria:
*link*

I clicked on the link which took me to a news article. The headline read: Bassist and writer of band Måneskin rumored to be dating?

Me:
I guess the plan worked 😌

As I sent the message I got a text from Damiano. It seemed like the whole band wanted me!

Damiano:
Thomas seems weird, he won't talk to me will you try?

That's when I became a lot more worried. Damiano and Thomas were both best friends and more recently, boyfriends. If there's anyone Thomas will talk to it's Damiano, not me who he barely knows.

Me:
He's not answering me

I set my phone down. Think happy thoughts. I put my plate in the sink and went to get my writing notebook to take my mind off things. I felt in the mood to write.

I opened a page.

Vague details of her life
That she's shared once or twice,
Clear as day in memory,
I know she'll be the death of me

I just can't let her go
Like she's all I've ever known,
Trapped Prisoner in my mind
Every time I close my eyes

I smiled. This was when I first realized my crush for Victoria. It felt like years ago but it was only a week or two.

I brought the notebook into the living room. Ethan drummed and practices as I wrote. Something about his energy inspired me, if that makes any sense.

I couldn't think of a prechorus.

"Write down how she makes you feel and why." Ethan explained, tapping his drumsticks to start practicing.

It's scary to be
Falling so fast
Wish it was gradually
Unpredictable like a weather forecast

I wasn't so sure about the last line so I conferred with Ethan when he was done. "Ok, first of all that's like double the syllables and secondly, I mean this with all due respect, it sucks." Ethan laughed.