Thirty three

I can hear a door creek open as I run up to Diana, turning her over and seeing that she has a bit of blood on the front of her robe. Her cries burn my ears, sending a wave of shock throughout my body.

My heart drops and I move fast. I pull her robe down, seeing that she was hit in the chest. Her blood starts to gush and I panic. My girl is shot.

I can't tell them to call the police because there are two dead men on the floor downstairs. But if I don't call an ambulance then she may die. I drag her body all the way to her room where I grab a shirt, pressing it against her wound as her eyes are filled with water. She doesn't even let out a sound anymore, just tears.

I grab my phone and call my men. They should handle the mess downstairs, and they make sure Frances is on their way.

"What the hell- oh my goodness my brat. We have to call-"

"I have everything under control just- just give me a minute" I say to Gabriel who is visibly panicking. His face immediately turns red and he makes me more nervous.

I keep pressing my thumb against Diana's wrist to make sure she is alive and she is. She's doing it slowly, but she's breathing.

Diana

"Just stay with me, Diana. You'll feel better I promise. No one will be able to hurt you like this again, okay?"

Alesso's voice is like a faint memory in my mind. I can barely even make out what his face is like as I lay there in his arms. I know that he pressed something against my chest where I can feel pain, but I'm not sure what it is.

His hand is pressed against my cheek and I lift my hand to his. For some reason I can't figure out anything else, I just know that I want to be with him. No matter what happens to me, I need to be able to be with him.

I can hear the soft sound of a liquid moving around and I can't help but think that it's my blood. My chest feels really damp, as if I was in the shower. Is this really my blood? Seeping out of my body?

My chest tightens and all I can think about is my life. My life flashes right before my eyes and I start to remember things I've never remembered before. Things I thought I've forgotten.

"Honey I love to see you all dressed up. Your first prom! So beautiful" my mother said as she grabbed my cheeks. Her soft hand glided down to my chin and squeezed.

I felt so irritated at the fact that my father wasn't there. He had work, like always, and I wanted him to see me. No matter how many compliments I got from my mother I was still sad. She knew it too.

"Pictures." She smiled as she grabbed the camera. She then turned to look at the empty space in the hallway "Benjamin. Hurry".

My seventeen year old brother came into the room, dressed in his fabulous suit and tie. I smiled and stood up, tilting my head at him in doubt.

"Oh come on, you didn't think I would let my baby sister go to her first prom on her own did you?"

I smiled big as I walked up to him. He hugged me and then stood behind me, looking towards my mother.

"I hope people don't think we date" he chuckled, making me shake my head.

"The girls at my school won't care either way. Once they see you they'll go crazy" I teased.

"Okay, enough chatting. Ben put your hands on her waist and smile at the camera" my mother nodded.

Benjamin hesitantly lifted his hands, barley even touching me. I put my hands in front of me and we both smiled for the picture my mother took.

She had a old camera so she had to wait for the film. She took it out and started to fan it while smiling at the both of us.

"I can't believe I have two amazing kids"

Ben chuckled and I just knew he was going to make a joke. "Well mother you have one amazing kid, Diana is perfect"

I turned around to look at him, seeing his cheesy smile as he looked down at me. The look in his eyes assured me that he was only trying to make my night. He could tell when something was up.

"She's going to bleed out!" My father screams. I then heard heavy footsteps rush over and I can feel someone rush by me, but Alesso holds me tighter.

"Di...oh my god Alesso. My sister. She's- shes-"

"Everyone just chill the fuck out!" Alesso yelled.

I could tell by his sweaty palms that he was panicking himself but everyone else was making things worse by being so concerned.

"I can't fucking chill! It's my sister-"

"Listen Benjamin. I need you to go downstairs and check the area. Make sure everything is safe and that no one else is down. Take your gun, and make sure. Gabriel you need to go with him. My men are on the way and I need someone to guard the house. She will be taken care of, I promise"

I can't see anyone but Alesso, but I can hear. I hear heavy movements towards the door, then Alesso's soft voice. I can hear his voice cracking and his sniffling. I think he just wanted them to leave so he could cry.

"Diana I promise that after this nothing else will happen to you. I will keep you safe and guard you with my life"

I could feel him press harder on my chest, then it started to burn.

"B-burn. My chest-" I could barley even get the words out.

"Oh fuck. Diana stay with me, okay? Don't close your eyes, you have to look at me. Look at my eyes and keep your thoughts on me" he blurted before I felt this overwhelming sensation of tiredness.

I had no choice but to go to sleep.