Chapter 109:

I decided to have breakfast at Mer's before work. Ever since Zola came around, I've been spending a lot more time at Mer's house spending every second with my new little sister. I watch my best friend decorate a cake for the party.

Meredith: damn it, I screwed it up.
Jackson: "gag Zola". Really?
Meredith: those aren't G's.
Delilah: they're Y's babe, for yay.
Jackson: see, a normal person would've just written Happy Birthday.
Delilah: ignore my dumb boyfriend.
Meredith: well, I couldn't fit all those letters on the cake.
Delilah: don't worry Mer, I've got you. Remember I'm still making my little Zola a cake later so you'll have two cakes.
Meredith: this is why you're my favourite person.
Delilah: I know. I'm a damn gem.

Mer chuckles at me as April comes into the kitchen.

April: okay, who used up the last of my deodorant?
Random girl: oh, that might have been me. Sorry. Kinda had a workout last night.

I look over at Dylan who was sitting beside Jackson and I and give him my best stern mom look.

Dylan: not mine.
Alex: coffee.

I chuckle when I hear my best friend enter the kitchen.

Dylan: fresh out chief.
April: wait. N-no. That's impossible, I just bought some three days ago.
Random girl: you're out of OJ too.
Alex: hey, you're still here?
Random girl: oh yeah. I was on my way out, and then I saw these cheeks. So cute.

Alex's hookup tries to touch Zola but I swipe her away before she has the chance to touch my baby sister. Ever since I became a sister, I've been insanely protective of Zola.

Delilah: yeah, we don't touch the baby. We don't know where those hands have been.
April: Alex does.
Delilah: Mer, I can take Zola to daycare since you have that meeting with Owen.
Meredith: you're a lifesaver. Okay, I'm off. Party is at 8, don't be late. Del, you're coming early, right?
Delilah: yes ma'am.
Meredith: I adore you.
Delilah: who doesn't?

Jackson chuckles at me then kisses my forehead.

Dylan: I hate you both.
Delilah: oh, don't be bitter. Okay little miss Zola, let's get you to daycare. Yeah, yeah, let's do that.

I bounce Zola on my hip then Jackson and I drive to the hospital.

Jackson: don't you have a meeting with Hunt too sweetheart?
Delilah: yeah I do. I have to declare a specialty.
Jackson: you're gonna be neuro.
Delilah: yeah, and I've thought of my other two specialities.
Jackson: really? That's great baby. What are they?
Delilah: trauma... and Plastics.
Jackson: Plastics, seriously?
Delilah: yeah. I mean, Mark is the one that taught me everything I know about Plastics. I want to make him proud, and I mean... it would be nice to be nice to be in the Plastics posse together. You, me, Mark and Dyl.
Jackson: I would love nothing more.

The three of us walk into the hospital together and we take Zola to daycare, then we change in the locker room.

Jackson: baby?
Delilah: hmm?
Jackson: how would you feel about us having kids?

I freeze in my place. Jackson and I have been together for close to a year and we haven't had a talk about the future.

Delilah: well, um... I mean...
Jackson: I know we haven't had that talk yet, and I'm sorry if I've scared you—
Delilah: no, no, it's okay baby. It's just... I've never gone this far with a guy before.

I sit next to Jackson and take his hands in mine.

Jackson: look, I love you so much. When I picture my future, where I want to be in life... I see you. I see us having a life together baby. I want to marry you, I want to have kids with you, I want to grow old with you.