48

Location: Outskirts of Village Hidden in Illusion

"What the hell are we doing in this shady forest?" Obito asked quite frustrated. 

Naruto stayed silent as they waked into the the forest filled with fog. 

The duo were surrounded by trees of strange shapes and sizes. It was eerily quiet and peaceful. 

"We are here to recruit someone." Naruto finally spoke. This greatly surprised Obito who looked at him curiously. 

"What's his name and power?" The Uchiha asked. 

"Atsushi Higa from Higa clan." Naruto said as Obito's went blank for a moment before his eyes widened. 

"D-D-Don't you mean?" Obito stuttered as his face became pale. 

"Indeed. The same Higa clan which was put under dangerous clan lists." Naruto said. 

The Higa clan. It was the most mysterious clan which first gave its appearance in the First Shinobi war. They had no records of fighting in the war but were known to have a powerful genjutsu called "The World of Dreams". Using this, the members of the clan can put people from a specific area into deep sleep, full of dreams.... or Nightmares based on what they want to show. Everyone, except some specific people they can choose, falls into a deep Genjutsu. 

The members were soon forced to band together and live together, after the second shinobi war. During the 12th Kage summit which was held in the 5th year of Sandaime, it was decided that the clan shall be placed under the list of "Restricted Clan". This resulted the clans people to be transferred to the Village Hidden in Illusion and were forced to live among other clans under the same beforementioned list. The village was sealed by using a special seal called "Expansion seal". It allowed those people without any Genjutsu abilities or people with biju chakra to enter and leave the village. But the inhabitants can only enter but cannot leave it. But they were given supplies by the Elemental Nations, so that they don't unleash fury on the Shinobi world. So dangerous were they!

"Why do you want them?" Obito asked. 

"Because I need a member to cast Genjutsu on the Shinobi world just like the Infinite Tsukuyomi." Naruto said. 

"But why do you need to cast a genjutsu all over the Shinobi World?" 

"So that I can fight against Sasuke and Team 7 peacefully." And to reunite you with Rin. 

Obito stayed silent finding nothing to say. He knew that Naruto was doing what was correct for the Shinobi world.

They soon approached the barrier. Obito suddenly remembered that he cannot leave if he enters as he had a lot of Genjutsu in his arsenal. 

"Naruto. I cannot come with you. I have a lot of Genjutsu in my arsenal." Obito said. 

"Hmm. I know. And I have already thought of a solution." Naruto said as he entered into the barrier. 

"What solution?" Obito asked. 

"Well. I can share Kurama's chakra when we leave. What do you say?" Naruto offered. 

Obito just smiled and walked to a nearby tree and started banging his head on the tree trunk. 

"How can I forget that you shared chakra with the Shinobi alliance during the war?" Obito said after he stopped banging his head on the tree trunk. 

"Well. To be frank, you are an idiot, Obito." Naruto said in an bemused manner. 

"Yeah yeah. Says the one who acts like an idiot in my timeline." Obito said rolling his eyes.