71. Speeches of dreams

Gaara looked around to see that he was being surrounded by lots of ninja.

The ninjas were standing in a formation of six columns based on their villages.

Standing to his side were Kakashi, Itachi and Sasuke, who were looking pointedly towards the army.

Suddenly, a Kiri ninja started blaming on a ninja from Konoha that his father was killed by the latter who quickly retaliated by hurling some insults.

Their idiocy spread like a disease and a large portion of the army suddenly started fighting each other with words, before a sand wall formed between the fighting ninjas.

"That's enough." Gaara said in a cold voice which was enough to shut them up.

"From the First Great Ninja War to the Last,
Shinobi have WOUNDED AND COME TO HATE EACH OTHER
for the benefit of their OWN Nation and Village.
That HATRED led to A DESIRE FOR POWER,
and that DESIRE FOR POWER CREATED SOMEONE LIKE ME.

I too, was once FULL OF HATRED AND POWER!!!
I WAS A JINCHUURIKI!!!
I HATED THIS WORLD and ALL THE PEOPLE IN IT!!!
I constantly thought of NOTHING BUT DESTROYING IT.
I WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN WHAT AKATSUKI OR OMAGATOKI IS NOW!!!

However a certain Shinobi from Konoha STOPPED ME!
HE SHED TEARS FOR ME!!!
HIS ENEMY!!!
EVEN THOUGH I HURT HIM...
HE STILL HE CALLED ME HIS FRIEND!!!
HE SAVED ME!!!
MY ENEMY!!!
MY FELLOW JINCHUURIKI!!!
He suffered the SAME PAIN as me.

The moment WE UNDERSTAND each other's PAIN, our MALICE WILL DISAPPEAR!

THERE ARE NO ENEMIES HERE!
We are ALL ONE and it is because we have ALL BEEN AFFECTED by Akatsuki or Omagatoki!!!
The Sand Village, Stone Village, Leaf Village, Mist Village, Cloud Village...
THEY NO LONGER EXIST!!!

WE ARE NOW ONLY SHINOBI!!!
IF YOU STILL CANNOT FORGIVE THE Sand Village THEN
I WILL GIVE YOU MY HEAD ONCE THIS WAR IS OVER!
OUR ENEMY IS NOW AGAINST THE FRIEND WHO SAVED ME FROM THE DARKNESS BUT SUCCUMBED TO IT.

I WANT TO PROTECT HIM!!!
I WANT TO LIBERATE HIM FROM THE SEA OF DARKNESS BEFORE IT CONSUMES HIM COMPLETELY!!!
I WANT TO PROTECT THIS WORLD!!!
HOWEVER, I AM TOO YOUNG and NAIVE TO DO SO...
THAT IS WHY...
I NEED ALL OF YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR STRENGTH!!!

To protect our friends and this world, we will fight as one...
Until our dying breaths...

AND WE WILL NOT RETREAT FROM THE DARKNESS. INSTEAD WE WILL BE THE LIGHT WHICH WILL ILLUMINATE THE WHOLE AREA!!!"

That's when the shinobis started shouting their war cries to show their support to Gaara, who looked towards Sasuke, one of his his best friend and smiled at him. Sasuke returned the smile.

"NOW WITHOUT ANY HATRED FOR EACH OTHER I WILL LEAD YOU TO THE WAR. " Gaara shouted as he jumped down, followed by Sasuke, Itachi and Kakashi and started leading the army to the battle.

I hope that everything will be alright. After all, I promised Kamaboko and Aiko that I will come back alive. And I have to do it. Or else Kamaboko will be filled with the same hatred which Naruto has felt all these years. Kakashi thought as he continued to run after Gaara, Sasuke and Itachi. 

Uzushiogakure

Naruto looked at his fellow jinchurikis and Obito Uchiha who nodded.

Right now, he was standing on a broken platform, which was clearly in shambles. Looking around, he saw the seven jinchurikis which included Yugito Nii, Yukimaru, Roshi, Han, Utakata, Fuu and Killer Bee.

He saw the pain resulted from insults, mockery, bullying, resentment, anger and isolation which all the jinchurikis felt in the past. But beneath all the negative feelings, he saw the hopes and dreams of being treated equally by the citizens of their respective villages.

This was his chance. This was his ultimate time to make all these dreams come true.

He also remembered the same look when he saw the eyes of the citizens of Village Hidden in Illusion. The same pain and the same hope which he saw in their eyes.

He found his lips moving and the voice forcing itself out his mouth by itself to recite the speech which he plannes all these years.

"FROM THE MOMENT WHEN THE FIRST HOKAGE GIFTED THE BIJUS TO THE OTHER VILLAGES, THE JINCHURIKIS HAVE FACED A LOT OF RESENTMENT, HATRED, ANGER, LONELINESS AND ALL OTHER NEGATIVE FEELINGS.

I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO FACED A LOT OF PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.

I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO WAS THROWN OUT OF THE STORES BY THE SHOPKEEPERS.

I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED THOSE LOOKS IN THE FACE.

I AM THE ONE OF THOSE WHO HAD BROKEN DREAMS.

AFTER THE WAR, A NEW ALLIANCE WILL BE FORMED BETWEEN THE JINCHURIKIS.

A NEW ALLIANCE WHICH WILL MAINTAIN THE PEACE ON THIS WORLD.

AN ALLIANCE WHICH WILL BE THE OBSERVER OF THE EVENTS TAKING PLACE IN THE SHINOBI WORLDS.

THE MOMENT WE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER'S PAIN, OUR MALICE WILL DISAPPEAR!

I WANT TO PROTECT THIS WORLD FROM DESTROYING ITSELF THROGH CONFLICTS.

I WANT A WORLD WHERE NO CHILDREN WILL QUESTION IF THEIR DADS AND MOMS WILL EVER RETURN FROM THE BATTLES.

A WORLD WHERE NO ONE WILL LOSE THEIR LOVED ONES.

A BEAUTIFUL WORLD WHERE EVERYONE HAS EQUAL RIGHTS AND RECIEVES EQUAL RESPECTS REGARDLESS OF THEIR STATUS OF NORMAL NINJAS, JINCHURIKIS OR DANGEROUS JUTSUS.

EVEN IF I DIE, MY LEGACY WILL BE CARRIED BY ALL OF YOU, WHO WILL BE FULFILLING MY DREAMS AND AMBITIONS WHICH I SHARE  WITH ALL OF YOU.

THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST TIME I SEE YOU.

SO FAREWELL EVERYONE."

Naruto started gasping out of exhaustion when he felt Obito holding his shoulder to calm him down and  show his support while the other Jinchurikis cheered at the speech.

Naruto held one of his fingers and disperesed into several foxes, running into a particular direct while Obito disappeared in a swirl.

The final and closing chapter of my life has begun. I hope that my dreams are fulfilled. Now to Kabuto to order him to reanimate the third raikage, Raasa, Mu and second Mizukage. I hope that Sasuke and others can defeat them. Naruto thought.

In the meantime, Obito got a strange feeling that something was about to happen.

Hope that nothing unexpected happens. Obito thought

Shino: And that brings an end to chapter 71.

Tenten: So the second phase of the war has begun and this, according to Shay, will stretch for at least 15 chapters.

Shino: About the speech of Gaara, Shay had to copy the speech from a website. He changed the speech a little to suit the purpose of this story. The source will be given below. But the speech given by Naruto is completely original.

Tenten: This will be the final chapter of the Peace arc which covers 4 chapters. Next arc has been christened as the great war arc.

Shino: And as always keep reading and....

Tenten: PEACE OUT!!!!

Source: http://frostwhisper2012.blogspot.com/2012/10/gaaras-war-speech.html?m=1