67

The Battle of Kirigakure

The mist surrounded the village of Kirigakure No Sato and the water was cold. 

"Chojuro! How are the preparations of the war going on?" The lady Mizukage enquired sweetly. 

"Hai Mizukage sama. We have almost completed the preparation for the war." Chojuro said as he stood stiffly in front of the Mizukage. 

"What about the villages?" Mei asked. 

"Well, Sasuke Uchiha is still in Kumogakure for training as per the latest reports. The Ninjas sent by  Konoha who will be reaching Kiri in a few minutes. It comprises of two ninjas who are taijutsu specialists and a kunoichi who is a weapon specialist. Even though they are unable to perform any ninjutsus, they are still experienced in their respective skills.

Sunagakure is still undergoing through preparations. The same goes to Iwagakure. But Amegakure has announced that they have already finished the preparations and are ready for the war." Chojuro said. 

Mei sighed before saying "Very well. Get ready to welcome the team from Konoha. In the meantime, I have to go to review the defenses of Kirigakure." 

"You mean that I have to welcome them?" Chojuro enquired. 

"Indeed Chojuro. Now go to the gates and wait for them. Dismissed." Mei said as she continued her work, while Chojuro left the room.

At the gates of Kirigakure

"Ah! So you have arrived. I am Chojuro. May I please know your names?" Chojuro asked.

"My name is Tenten. Nice to meet you Chojuro san." Tenten grinned. 

"YOSH!! THE FLAMES OF YOUTH BURNS BRIGHTLY IN THE MIST!!! BEING UNYOUTHFUL, I GOT LOST IN IT!!!! FOR THAT I WILL DO 1000 PUSHUPS. GA-" Lee shouted before being bonked on his head by Tenten, making him to fall on the ground. 

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT, LEE." Tenten shouted angrily before turning to Chojuro, who could not help but sweatdrop at the strange behavior. "Sorry, he is always like that. His name's Rock Lee by the way." 

"My name is Neji Hyuga, the commander of this cell." Neji lied. 

"Hey! I was made the commander. Don't lie unnecessarily." Tenten rebuked. 

"Anyways, if you will allow me, I will lead you to your quarters." Chojuro offered. 

"Thanks, Chojuro." Tenten said as she grinned.

"YEAH! SO YOUTHFUL HOS-" Lee began before being whacked by Tenten again.

"HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO SHUT UP, YOU IDIOT?!" Tenten shouted angrily as she violently shook Lee's head by holding his spandex, while Neji sighed.

"Anyways, I think that we should not keep the Mizukage waiting." Chojuro said in a civil manner. 

"Yes Chojuro san is correct." Neji said as they started following Chojuro towards the Mizukage tower. 

A few moments later, they reached the tower when Chojuro came to a halt.

"Before we walk into the tower, I want you to know one thing." Chojuro said as his demeanor changed from a cheerful one to a fearful one. "The Mizukage is a scary woman." 

"Scary? She does not look like one." Tenten piqued in.

"Well, she does not look like one. That's true. But, if you make a single mistake, she turns into a monster and you can literally see her eyes turning bright red. She will give death.....i-i-in a m-m-m-most p-p-painful w-w-way." Chojuro stuttered at the end, with his feet shaking wildly.