72. Betrayal and broken bonds

Welp. The unexpected did happen.

Obito Uchiha never expected to be in this type of position.

Everything was going well with the war with the shinobi alliance defeating the reaninated shinobis.

Raasa was defeated by Gaara in an emotional duel.

The third raikage was defeates by Temari, who had her skills in wind jutsus.

Mu was defeated by Ohnoki.

The second Mizukage was defeated by Gaara who managed to seal him.

But everything changed with the arrival of Naruto aka Silent Blond aka Eiji Namikaze.

Obito decided to process what had just happened while his breath was slowly stopping while he felt his legs, which were dangling in  the air, slowly stopping to move.

After all, he had accepted his fate.

Flashback

After the defeat of the reanimated shinobis, the shinobi alliance were about to celebrate their victory when they felt an immense chakra from far away.

They turned around and saw their worst nightmare standing right in front of them in a carefree manner.

He was surrounded by none but only sand dunes. There was not a single army surrounding him at all.

"So you have finally arrived, Silent Blond." Sasuke said with a smirk.

The next moment, Naruto appeared in front of Sasuke with his hand dangling across his neck.

But Sasuke was fast this time as he quickly used Amenotejikara to replace his position with one of the swords lying on the ground in such a way that it stabs Naruto in his stomach.

But Naruto quickly vanished in a puff of smoke.

"Well, that's interesting. So you didn't fall for that trick like you did the last time." Everyone heard a voice coming from the east.

Turning towards the direction of the voice, the whole alliance saw Naruto standing on a rocky platform all in his glory.

Suddenly, to the shock of Obito, who was hiding behind a rock, Naruto reached for the mask on his face.

What's he doing? Didn't he say that he will surrender the moment the mask breaks or opens? Obito thought in a frantic manner, before quickly calming himself. Let's just observe what he will do for now.

In the meantime, Naruto finally opened his mask to reveal his face.

Even though everyone knew the true identity of Silent blond or Eiji Namikaze, their eyes widened.

"So we were correct all along? I have failed my dearest student." Kakashi said in a sad voice while feeling Might Guy touching his shoulder to support him.

"Yes sensei. You were correct all along." Naruto said as a grin grew on his lips to which Obito was not familiar at all.

What? He is showing disrespect to his sensei? I have to wait and see. Obito thought.

"Naruto kun. How did you turn into this?" Hinata asked. 

Obito expected a lots of events that is about to happen. Hell he even expected Naruto to kill Hinata at that moment. But whay he didn't take in account was the purely evil laughter of Naruto which sent chills down to his spines.

Naruto first smiled as he covered his lips with his hands. The smile turned into giggles before turning into full blown laughter with his eyes pointing towards the sky.