65

"What the hell is going on?" Itachi asked as he heard a loud explosion from outside. 

The next moment, an anbu came in and said "Itachi Uchiha. Wear your jounin jacket and rush to the Gates of the Village. We need you there right now." 

The anbu quickly disappeared before Itachi could even ask what was going on. 

Sighing out of exasperation, he quickly wore the jacket and rushed out to see a thousands and thousand of Zetsu walking towards the entrance of the village. 

 Naruto. I ddon't know why you declared the war before the actual date which you fixed. But you are a true bastard and a cunning fox. Itachi thought as he quickly raaised it hands to order a formation. 

"ALL THE FIRE NATURED SHINOBIS ARE REQUESTED TO GATHER AT THE GATES OF KONOHA RIGHT NOW." Itachi shouted the commands as the shinobis rushed towards the gates and formed a large curve around the main gate as the Zetsu clones reached the foot of thee valley. 

"ON MY MARK." Itachi shouted as he raised his hand. 

"FIRE!!!!!" The Konoha shinobis quickly went through the handsigns and fired the fire ball jutsu, destroying the first wave almost immediately. 

"Whoa! That was amazing." One of the shinobis shouted. 

Itachi's eyes fell on a stray horse with a saddle.

A horse! It would be useful for me. Itachi thought as he ran towards the horse, mounted on it and pulled it. I am sorry that you have to face the pain. But its no time for that. 

"ALL THE SHINOBIS. GATHER AROUND THE WALLS. YOU WILL CHARGE AT THE CLONES WHEN I COMMAND SO." Itachi, who was the leading jounin shouted as he 

After the shinobis quickly gathered, Itachi quickly marched to the leading point and took out his sword and shouted "Comrades, brothers and sisters of all the nations. Today, we will be fighting our battles which might result in your death. But your sacrifice will be worth it. Remember, Step only forwards and not a single step backwards. Help your comrades if they need it. Now, I request you to gather your wits and take out your weapons." 

Immediately, the morale of the forces increased on hearing Itachi's speech and they all took their Kunais, Katana, Shurikens etc. 

Itachi took a deep breath and... "FOR THE LOVE OF KONOHA! FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR NATIONS! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!CHARGE!!!" 

This was followed by the shouts of war cries of the shinobies as the army started charging head on towards the enemy. 

Itachi remained behind to command his strategically, when he felt a familiar presence behind him. 

"Itachi? What on the freaking hell is going on? How did I get here, on this battlefield? What happened to the clan and their coup d'état? And most importantly, how can I see when I am sure that Danzo took one of my eye and I gave you the other eye?" Shishui shouted with shock evident on his face. 

"Shishui?! It seems that Eiji is using the reanimation jutsu." Itachi muttered sadly as he descended from the horse and faced Shishui.

Shishui just raised his brows in shock before quickly appearing in front of ITachi using the Body Flicker Jutsu.  

"Itachi, what happened to the clan? You never answered me." Shishui asked, getting a little impatient. 

"Dead." Itachi deadpanned in serious manner. "The blood of the Uchiha may not stain my hands right now, but the screams and the fear  in the face of the clan members still haunt my soul." 

Shishui's eyes widened in shock before quickly going to normal. 

"So, it had to come down to all of this. What about your parents and your little brother? What about the children of the clan?" Shishui asked, not aware that his words were digging deeper into his heart.