93. Hinata Hyuuga shinden: The Wilting Purple flower Part 1

Part 1

The flower has withered away
In its own way
On the outcome of the day
The purple petals have away

(Adapted from 1st stanza of a poem "The Withered Flower" written by Green Peace with a minor change from scarlet to purple.)
              1

"Naruto Uzumaki...."

Her pupiless eyes widened in realisation as the boy with black eyes had tears flowing down on his cheeks.

"...has been killed." The voice of the lone Uchiha  cracked as he finally announced it. He turned around, unable to control his tears as he left.

As the door made the screeching sound, it was muffled by the screams of the beautiful girl and the soothing voice of her cousin who had the same pupiless eyes containing some tears was heard.

Unbeknownst to her, a fox of a certain blond heard her loud cries.

   ..........................

               2

After the funeral, the girl approached the Hokage with a request.

"Huh? You want to be an anbu black op. You will not get to meet your friends due to excessive missions which will burden you. Are you really sure about it?" The blond hokage asked.

"Yes, Tsunade sama. I am perfectly sure about it." The girl replied with her voice filled with determination.

After a few moments of staring at her, Tsunade finally relented.

"Very well, Hinata. But don't expect it to be easy." Tsunade said as the young girl, who was previously timid, nodded with her resolve hardened after her crush's demise.

"Thank you Tsunade sama." Hinata said.

   ..........................
               3

"Hyuuga Hinata... I presume." A purple haired kunoichi wearing a cat mask asked.

"Indeed. You are correct in your presumption." Hinata said.

"Well, call me Cat. You have been requested by Anbu commander, Yamato." Cat said as Hinata nodded while cat vanished in thin air.

   ..........................
               4

"So you arrived Hinata." The anbu commander, who was wearing a rabbit mask asked. "Here is your uniform and report to the Ground No. 10 immediately."

Hinata took the uniform which contained a wolf mask and the standard anbu armour.

Bowing down before the commander, she left the room to go to the changing room.

   ..........................
               5

Location: Ground No. 10
Time: 6:00 pm.

"A Hyuuga will join the anbu?" An anbu nin wearing a horse mask asked.

"Yes sir. You are correct. She is assigned under your command." An anbu wearing a beaver mask answered. "If I may ask, why are you so surprised, Commander?"

"After the death of the last Hyuuga named was Kohinata Mukai, who died in the hands of THAT Uchiha, the clan leader, Hiashi sama forbade his clansman from join the anbu. So I am surprised about her joining the anbu." The commander replied.

"Well, turns out that Hiashi sama doesn't care about her elder daughter after she purposefully lose in a duel against his younger daughter or so the rumours state." Beaver replied.