Chapter 45: Relationship Status

posted: 5/9/15

AN: WERE SO SORRY WE HAVENT POSTED IN SO LONG. MEH! WE'RE ALMOST DONE WITH THIS STORY AND WE JUST DONT WANT TO SEE IT GO!!

last time we updated, zayn was in one direction.

THAT SAYS SO MUCH IN ITSELF. OMFG

NB AND ZAYN. OMG WE MENTION HIM IN THIS AND IT TOOK EVERYTHING IN ME NOT TO KILL HIM IN THIS BOOK.

i just want to kill him.

BUT LOUIS IS OMFG I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.

OMG. 8.81K!!

let's get to 9 or 10k before the next update!

-JULES AND RI
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding onto."
-Unknown

JORDAN'S POV

"And why do you have an Easy-Bake Oven in your cupboard?" I ask Tyler as we search his pantry for something to eat.

"I would say that my eight-year-old cousin Monica left it here, but that would be a lie. . ." he trails off, grabbing the pan next to the child's oven and closing the cabinet before walking around back to his small countertop.

I had slept over here last night after our date and since Tyler is the greatest boyfriend in the world, he agreed to make me breakfast.

I follow him into the small kitchenette. Luckily his roommate was in Asia for his cousin's wedding, so we had the flat to ourselves. "I don't think it's normal for a guy in his twenties to have an Easy Bake Oven in his cabinet. In the front, might I add," I tease him.

He walks over towards where I am standing before wrapping his arms around my waist, as I instinctively wrap my own around his neck. "Well, I'm not your normal twenty-year-old guy. Like, sure, maybe Louis or them wouldn't but-"

I cut him off. "Why do you say Louis?" I crinkle my eyebrows together so that confusion can mask my nervousness.

"No reason, he was just the first that came to mind. . .why do you ask?" he asks before pulling back, looking me in the eyes with suspicion.

"No reason. . ." I trail off. My mind is instantly swarmed with memories of Louis and suddenly everything I see reminds me of him. The streak of sunlight coming in though the window, the sound of children laughing and playing outside, even the small bit of sky that I can see reminds me of his bright beautiful baby blues.

I need to get my mind off him.

"So, are you gonna kiss me or what?" I ask.

He smiles and chuckles before leaning in to place a genuine, loving kiss upon my chapped lips.

For some reason when he kisses me it feels somewhat different. The passion that was there the many times before has drifted away to be replaced with hesitation. His hands don't move to my neck or cheeks like they used to; they stay planted around my waist. He doesn't hold me as close to him as he usually does. He doesn't move his lips to be in sync with mine, they are simply pressed against mine, not fully emotionless, but still extremely dull.

The ring of my cell phone interrupts our lackluster kiss. He pulls away rather quickly and we untangle ourselves from each other.

I walk over to the counter and see Skykar's caller identification pop up on the screen.