Chapter 2: Down to the Station

AN: Hello, everyone! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!! And it looks like you did because you kept reading! Thank you so much!

THE PIC IS OF LYLA

Xoxo, rain and autumn
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"The expected is just the beginning, the unexpected is what changes our lives."
-Grey's Anatomy

LYLA'S POV

"Lyla . . . ?" Olivia says caustiously, backing away slowly, as the van stops. "We should go. . . ."

I nod, not wanting to take my chances with whoever was driving, but I hear a voice from the car.

"Hey! You, girls, what are you doing?" the voice asks, and I see a face emerge from the window of the backseat.

From what I can see from the streetlight that illuminates the sidewalk, was that five young men have gotten out of the car with concerned looks on their faces.

"Lyla? Let's go," Olivia whispers in my ear, obviously not wanting to be associated with the five.

"What are you girls doing?" The question is repeated by a blonde with an Irish accent, or so I thought, my mom had read us stories about leprechauns, and she always used a similar accent to make the stories seem real.

I don't think these boys are here to hurt us, just to get in our way.

"Nothing!" I retort, deciding to respond. Olivia holds my arm as I continue. "It's none of your business!"

"Woah, it's okay, little lady," the man with curly hair soothes.

"Shut up, Curly, nobody asked you," I say, shooting a dirty look in his direction. Olivia tightens her grip on my arm.

He looks surprised, as if he isn't used to being spoken to like that, whilst the others just laughed.

"Seriously, why are you two walking around London in the middle of the night?" another one with shaggy, light brown hair says, barely containing his own laughter.

"L-looking for mom," Olivia says bashfully.

"Your mum-?"

"When was the last time you saw your mother?" the man with darker brown hair, gelled into a perfect quiff, asks us.

"None of your business!" I say.

"Lyla," Olivia says carefully, obviously deciding to trust these men, turning to the five again. "She left about three days ago. . . ."

"Three days!" Curly shouts in surprise.

Olivia nods. "Have you seen her?" She holds out a photo of our mother that hasn't been burned, we have very few of them, though in most her face was turned away when the photo was snapped.

The five bend over to look at the photo.

"Not me." Blondie sighs.

Olivia looks to the others hopefully, but they just shake their heads.

"Let's go, Olivia," I mutter to her.

"Wait! We can help you, can we call her?" another with black hair, also molded into a quiff, says. He had a sleeve of tattoos from what I saw, since his shirt was rolled up to his elbow. I look to the other four, seeing if they had ink forever embroidered into their skin as well. They had their sleeves rolled down fully to their wrists, but from what I saw, Curly had a small cross on his left hand, and some other small symbols that I couldn't make out on his right.