Chapter One: Discovery

Y/n stuck his hands in his pocket as he sighed.

This is nice.

It was a cool night with minimal wind. The slight rustling of the trees added to the cool ambiance that comforted Y/n.

I'm glad I decided to go on this walk. I needed time to myself. Wait, what time is it?

Y/n checked his watch, observing the hour hand placing itself right before the ten.

I guess I should head home.

With a steady pace, Y/n started towards the direction of his home. As he turned the corner, a figure bumped into him.

"Ah- Sorry about that."

Silence.

Rude.

Y/n stared at the figure to try to get a better understanding of who he had just bumped into. To his surprise, it was that of a smaller girl with short brown hair. Her face visibly dirtied, and her clothes extremely wrinkled.

Woah... She's pretty. Wait- I shouldn't be thinking this.

Y/n stared at the girl for a few more seconds, gulping to make sure his voice would come out properly.

"I'll be going now. Take care."

The girl nodded before making a ninety degree angle, walking into the street.

What the hell...

Y/n looked both ways, noticing a car speeding down the street.

"Ya- Wait!"

Y/n lunged forward grabbing the girl's arm, pulling her out of the way of danger.

"You need to watch where you're going."

The girl continued to stare blankly at Y/n, sending chills down his spine.

"Thank you..."

Y/n blinked as his breath hitched from the deadness of her voice.

"Where are you going, miss?"

"I don't know..."

"Do you have a house?"

"No..."

"Parents?"

"No..."

"Any other family, or maybe even friends?"

"No..."

"How long have you been walking?"

"I don't know..."

Y/n eyed the girl once more, noticing that her shoes were clearly worn out. Her skin was covered in dirt, and in consequence, she emitted the odor of dirt.

"You don't have anywhere to go?"

"No..."

"What's your name?"

"Chaewon..."

"What's your last name?"

"I don't remember."

"Do you know how you got here? Where you're from? What happened to you?"

"No..."

Y/n sighed.

This girl lost her memory...

"Is there anything you remember?"

"I don't have a family anymore..."