Chapter Thirty-Five: Goodbye Party

After spending some more time together, Y/n heard his phone vibrate from his nightstand, prompting the boy to pick it up.

"Ah, Min is calling me. I'm going to answer this."

Chaewon nodded, sliding out of the bed to give the two some privacy. After the radish maid's departure, Y/n answered the phone, leveling it with his face.

"Hey."

"Are you free?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Just want to talk for a bit, you know, revisit the old times."

Y/n chuckled, "That sounds good to me."

"So, how are you fairing?"

Y/n shrugged, "I'm doing alright. I've mostly come to terms with what's happening."

"Already?"

Y/n froze.

Was I not supposed to say that?!

"I-I mean, it's better to move past it and spend the remaining time I have with you happy, right?"

Minju giggled, "Yeah, that's true. I can't argue with that logic."

"How about you?"

"I'm a little sad, but I kind of have to learn to deal with it, you know?"

"Yeah. That makes sense."

"I guess your thought process is the best one."

"Eh... I wouldn't say that, but it helps me enjoy the last bit of time we have together."

"Let's do just that."

"Do you think you'll be able to make friends wherever you move?"

"I hope so. Going to school without friends sounds horrible."

"I wish you good luck with making friends," Y/n chuckled, "I know how you struggle with that."

"Ya. I don't struggle with making friends."

"Seeing how I was your only friend for the longest time until I introduced you to my group, I think I'm more inclined to believe that you have trouble making friends."

"That's just cause I liked you. I didn't want to become friends with anyone else."

"Sure..."

"I can assure you I'll make friends just fine."

"I hope so."

"It doesn't sound like you believe in me."

"I do. I do."

"You better."

"Make sure you don't get yourself in trouble as well."

"You say that like I'm the problem. Last time I checked, you were always the one that got us in trouble."

"But you're easy to lead."

Minju scoffed, "Yeah right."

A few moments of silence passed between the two as Y/n propped his phone against his wall, freeing his hands.

"Do you think we'll still be able to be friends after you move?"

"If I'm going to be truthful, I don't think so. With the nature of this group, most of our interactions are in person. While we do play LoL every now and then, I don't think we're very cut for long distance."

"Do you think it would be better to end things when you leave instead of slowly drifting apart?"

"Yeah. Then our last memories can be of this moment. Although, there's a chance we will meet again in the future. Maybe we might even work at the same place."