Chapter Five: The Weekend

Chaewon woke up, furrowing her eyebrows as she noticed she was sleeping on something harder than usual. As she opened her eyes, she gasped.

What am I doing here?!

Chaewon carefully lifted Y/n's arm in an attempt to sneak away, but flinched when she heard his voice.

"Are you going somewhere..."

"N-No..."

"Mkay..."

Chaewon laid back down on top of Y/n, conflicted.

I don't want to wake him, but I don't want to get in trouble...

Interrupting her thoughts was the sound of the door creaking.

"Y/n? Have you seen- Oh..."

Chaewon turned her head to face to door, finding the source of the voice. Mr. Kim.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Chaewon began to tremble, immediately sliding out of bed and bowing.

"N-No Mr. Kim. I deeply apologize for this. It won't happen again."

Mr. Kim's eyes bounced between Chaewon and Y/n, who had just awoke.

"Carry on then."

A smug smile grew on Mr. Kim's face as he eyed Y/n before ultimately walking out of the room, closing the door. 

Dazed, Y/n turned to Chaewon.

"What happened..."

"I-I'll get going."

Y/n rubbed his eyes before drifting back to sleep. With the new opening, Chaewon snuck out of Y/n's room, entering her own.

That can never happen again... How did that even happen?

Chaewon's memory flashed back to the events of the prior night, where she had ran to Y/n after her nightmare.

Ah...

Chaewon's heart raced felt her chest constrict itself, turning her breaths shallow. Slowly, Chaewon slid down her door, succumbing to a panic attack. A knock at her door alerted her of someone's presence, yet she couldn't bring herself to do anyting.

"Chaewon ssi? Are you in there?"

Y/n knocked once more, causing Chaewon to go deeper into her panic attack. With each knock on the door, Chaewon's breath grew increasingly more shallow, eventually forcing her to use all of her might to draw a breath.

"CHAEWON OPEN THE DOOR."

Chaewon cowered as she sat in the fetal position on the opposite side of the room.

"NOW."

The banging ceased, bringing a shimmer of hope to Chaewon. A few seconds of silence passed before a loud kick sounded through Chaewon's dark room.

"DON'T MAKE ME KICK THIS DOOR DOWN."

Y/n waited put his hands on his hips.

Maybe she went back to sleep... I shouldn't bother her any more.

As he turned around, the sound of heavy breathing caught his attention.

Is that coming from Chaewon ssi?

Y/n pressed his ear against the door, listening for any potential clues as to the contents behind the door.