Chapter Three: Expensive

The next morning, Y/n slid out of bed to get ready for the day. As he brushed his teeth, Y/n figured he should check up on Chaewon to see if she was awake. Donning his uniform, Y/n snuck into Chaewon's room to avoid potentially waking his guest.

Ah, she's still asleep. She's so pretty... Ya. Don't think like that.

Y/n exited the guest room, walking down his stairs to find breakfast already made, and his parents eating.

"Good morning, Y/n" Mr. Kim greeted.

"'Morning."

"How was your sleep?"

"Typical."

"What about our guest? Is she still asleep?"

"Yeah, I checked right before I came down."

"I hope you knocked." Mrs. Kim scolded.

"I didn't want to risk waking her."

"You should knock before you enter anyone's room."

"You're right..."

"Can you go wake her up? I don't want to scare her with one of the maids."

"Sure."

"Make sure to knock!" Mrs. Kim shouted as Y/n walked up the stairs.

I don't know if I should be trusted waking her... I might get entrapped in her beauty...

Y/n took a deep breath as he stood in front of the guest room Chaewon slept in.

It's not that hard. You're just waking her up. That's all.

Y/n hesitated, clearly apprehensive.

Come on.

Y/n knocked on Chaewon's room.

"Chaewon ssi? I'm coming in."

Y/n waited a few seconds before opening the door. As he peeked through the slightly ajar door, Y/n found Chaewon sleeping soundly.

Phew.

Y/n walked next to Chaewon's bed, standing there for a few moments.

How do I wake her up...

"Chaewon ssi..."

No response.

"Chaewon ssi... Breakfast is ready."

Y/n watched Chaewon turn in bed, taking a deep breath as she stretched her arms.

"Feel free to come down whenever you want."

Chaewon nodded, signifying she understood what Y/n had said, allowing him to head down the stairs once more. As he sat down at the dining table once more, Y/n's father looked up from his plate.

"Did you wake her up?"

"Yeah."

"You didn't do anything weird to her, right?"

"W-What??"

"I'm kidding. Is she heading down?"

"I don't know. I just told her that she could come down whenever she wanted."

Right after Y/n finished his sentence, Chaewon turned the corner into the dining room, catching the eye of Mrs. Kim.

"Oh! Good morning dear! Did you sleep well?"

Chaewon nodded as she lazily rubbed her eyes.

"After we eat, and Y/n leaves, we're going to show you around the house and give you your duties."