Chapter Thirty-Three: A New World

Minju sat frozen still in her chair. She was moving? Why? her family had a stable life, and they didn't need anything more.

"I know this might be hard for you, but this is a must."

Minju stared blankly at the area in front of her. Nothing made sense to her. The food in front of her no longer looked appetizing. A sudden pressure built into her chest, pushing on her sternum sending a continuous wave of discomfort throughout her body. 

Why...

A simultaneous combination of wanting to get out of her skin and refusing to move added a layer of frustration to the young Kim.

Y/n...

Boundless guilt piled onto Minju's shoulders. What about Y/n? Did she have enough time to apologize and mend things with him?

Minju raised her head. With a dry throat, she forced a question, "When will we be moving?"

"In a week," Minju's father replied.

"A week?"

Minju's father nodded his head, "I know this sudden, but I told you as soon as I could."

"You could have told me you were going for a job that could require us to move..."

"I'm sorry Minju, I didn't know they would require me to move, but I have to."

Minju sighed, "Excuse me."

Minju's parents watched their daughter walk away with glum faces. With heavy legs, Minju walked to her room, plummeting onto her bed. 

This can't be... This has to be a nightmare.

Minju pinched herself, tensing at the sharp pain from her arm. Helplessness overwhelmed the girl.

What should I do? I only have a week left here.

Minju sighed once more, grabbing her phone.

I should.

Y/n opened his eyes, grabbing his phone from the nightstand next to him. 

It's her...

Y/n stared at his phone drained of any social energy. After a few seconds of hesitation, Y/n answered with a heavy sigh.

"Hello?"

"Oppa, can we meet up?"

"Why."

"There's something I need to tell you."

"I thought you said you were done talking."

"Please... This is really important."

Y/n waited a few seconds before checking the time, "Sure."

"Okay. Please come to the front of my house."

Y/n slid out of bed, shuffling his feet to the master bedroom. Following a light knock, Mr. Kim appeared at the door.

"Is there something you need?"

"Can I go to Minju's house?"

Mr. Kim squinted at his son.

Why did he just call her Minju?

"Sure. Just bring Chaewon with you."

"Chaewon?"

"Yes. She's supposed to look after you whenever you leave the house after all."

Y/n glanced at the radish maid's door, "Okay."