Chapter Eleven: Salt in the Wound

A/N: Warning. This book will be getting incredibly dark, especially after this chapter. This will be my only warning. Viewer discretion is advised.

Chaewon sat on her bed feeling empty.

Is there even a point to living?

Chaewon stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before shaking her head.

The radish girl walked down the stairs, entering the supply room before coming out with a rope and a stool.

After making sure no one saw her while walking back to her room, Chaewon sighed as she locked her door. Despite her lack of knowledge, Chaewon formed a knot, attaching the other end to a metal protrusion after making sure it was sturdy enough to hold her weight.

I assume that was made for holding a TV or something... Good thing it's here.

Chaewon sighed as she stood atop the stool, heart racing as she thought about the sweet release of death pulling her away from her miserable life.

Each and every time her drunken father attempted to have his way with her body. Every time she was cat called. Every time Sungho groped her in hopes of getting her in the mood. The times she would be asked for nudes, or abused by her boyfriend or father. The constant close calls the radish girl had to losing her first kiss or first time...

The moment she had to kill her father and run away.

The fear she felt that Y/n would walk into her room and rape her while she slept sent chills down Chaewon's spine.

As Chaewon recalled the events that led to the loss of her first kiss, the girl began to near towards the edge of her stool.

That Jimin guy... He probably knew who I was the entire time...

Suddenly, the door handle to Chaewon's room budged, startling the girl.

"Chaewonie? Are you in there? I heard that you haven't eaten breakfast, and that you haven't left for school. Since your door is locked, I'll leave you alone for now, but please don't starve yourself."

Chaewon felt tears well up in her eyes as a warm feeling built up in her chest.

Mrs. Kim... I can't do this anymore. I don't want to hurt Mr. and Mrs. Kim. They've been too kind to me.

As Chaewon began to untie the knot around her neck, the radish found herself having a hard time. Feeling impatient, and agitated, Chaewon increased the force she used to try to free herself. As she pulled, the girls hand slipped off of the rope, causing her to lose balance, falling off of the stool.

Instantly, Chaewon panicked as she felt herself choke. The realization of what was happening filled the girl with fear as she kicked and swung while she tried to loosen the knot around her neck.

Slowly, Chaewon felt herself lose strength as the hopelessness settled in. She was going to die, and there was nothing she could do about it anymore.

Chaewon blacked out, causing her body to grow limp, swaying in the air.

Chaeyoung burst through the door, gasping as she laid eyes on the limp body in front of her.

Without thinking, Chaeyoung ran over to Chaewon, wrapping her arms around the hanging girl's legs to lift her up.

"SOMEONE, PLEASE!!! HELP ME!!!!"

Immediately, Mr. and Mrs. Kim came out of their rooms.

Mr. Kim furrowed his eyebrows.