Chapter Twelve: Big Reveal

Y/n woke up laying on his side. In his arms was the girl who comforted him, peacefully sleeping.

I guess she was tired as well...

Y/n stared at Minju, smiling as he caressed her head, causing a soft smile to grow on her face. All of the moments she stayed up to keep Y/n company while he stressed over his homework, despite there only being a few hours till school started resurfaced in the boy's mind. The times she came over with a present to congratulate Y/n on his small achievements despite running low on money filled his heart with warmth every time.

Y/n picked up his phone, flipping it over to reveal a polaroid of him and Minju hugging inside his case. The events preceding that polaroid flashed in his mind.

Y/n stared at the birthday cake in front of him.

"Guys... You didn't have to get me this."

"Of course we had to!" Jimin exclaimed, "How could we leave your birthday so bland when you go above and beyond for us??"

Y/n smiled as he eyed the candles.

"But your guys' money..."

"Pfft." Jimin chuckled, "Chaeyoung and Wooyeon paid for the ingredients."

"You guys made it yourselves?"

"Yessir!" Wooyeon replied, "When the four of us left to do our own things, we actually went to my house to make you this cake."

Minju walked up to Y/n with the cake in both of her hands. A wide bubbly smile plastered on her face, bringing Y/n's eyes to a small patch of flour on her cheek.

"Happy birthday, Oppa."

Y/n smiled back, rubbing the patch off of his friend's cheek.

"Thank you, Min."

The crowd cheered as Minju tried her best to hide her blush.

"Y-Ya! Take the cake!!"

Y/n placed his phone down, wrapping his hands around the smaller girl causing her to nuzzle her face against his chest.

Thank you, Min. I don't know what I'd do without you...

Y/n slid out of bed, walking down the stairs in search of something to eat. As he walked down, Y/n encountered his dad, exchanging glances with the older man.

"Y/n..."

"Yes?"

"About Chaewon..."

Y/Nn's heart dropped as he remembered the events before he fell asleep. Every microsecond that passed Y/n increased the pressure in his chest. Y/n began to breathe heavily as he awaited the end of his father's sentence.

"She's alive."

Y/n fell to his knees, gripping his chest as he smiled.

"Thank god..."

"Her neck isn't doing well, so she'll stay in the hospital for a bit. But she's alive."

Y/n breathed a sigh of relief while he father walked to the top of the stairs, sitting down next to him.

"Can you tell me what happened?"