Chapter Thirty-Two: Not Here

Y/n sighed. It had already been two days since he started distancing himself from Chaewon, yet he didn't feel any better. In fact, the guilt knowing that he wasn't doing any better hurt him as he knew Chaewon was suffering. Every class, Y/n would spot his radish maid yawning, rubbing her eyes, and dozing off. Periodically, Y/n would shake her whenever he could, but that would only temporarily relieve her problems as she would thank him before dozing off once more. To worsen things, Y/n found his mind occasionally wandering whenever he was at Minju's house. Despite having her in his arms, Y/n couldn't help but think about the trouble he was putting his friend through. 

Eventually, Y/n rolled out of bed with a sigh.

I guess I shouldn't try to force anything. Just let my feelings go away naturally without thinking about anything. 

Y/n went through his morning routine, eventually sitting down at the dining table alone. For reasons he didn't know, both of his parents left earlier in the morning. Something he didn't know until Inzaghi informed him while he ate. Chaewon was also absent from the table. With the assumption she was sleeping in once more, Y/n went on through his day. 

Once more, Y/n's walk to school was intercepted by the one and only Kim MInju. 

"Oppa."

"Hm?"

"Do you want to do something today?"

"We've been doing something everyday."

"Are you getting tired?"

"Nope."

Minju giggled as she swung her interlocked hand, "Let's do our homework at my house then."

"Sure. That sounds really good to me."

"Okay!"

The two students made their way to school, going through the same motions they had been the entire school year. Though exams slowly crept up on the group, they didn't seem to mind. 

As she ate her lunch, Minju rested her head on Y/n's shoulder, "Oppa, do you know what classes you're taking next year?"

"No. I don't even know what they're offering."

"I want to take the same classes."

"You should prioritize your gpa and stuff instead of having classes together. We can hang out after school anyway." 

 "It's better when we have classes together though. Sometimes I get jealous of Chaewon because you two have all of your classes together."

"That's something that was out of everyone's control though."

"I'm still jealous. I wish I could have every single class with you. That'd be fun."

"Well, maybe you can do that senior year."

"Yeah..."

 Y/n turned to his girlfriend with a worried expression, "What's wrong? That 'yeah' seemed a little too lifeless for you."

Minju sighed, "It's nothing, I'm just tired, you know?"

"Oh, I see."

From across the table, Jimin raised an eyebrow.

Now that's odd...

Chaeyoung bumped the boy next to her with her elbow, giving him a perplexed stare.

"Yeah, I don't know either," Jimin mouthed.

With the school bell ringing, the group of students, as well as the rest of the student body, resumed their academic activities. In his Korean history class, Y/n found himself sitting next to just Wooyeon. Until just now, Y/n hadn't realized that Chaewon was absent.