Chapter Sixteen: Rock Bottom

"I'm feeling okay."

Minju frowned as she approached Y/n's bed.

"Only okay?"

'Yeah. Although you being here makes things better."

Minju giggled, 'You're so cheesy."

"It's the truth."

Minju slid into bed, wrapping her arms around Y/n's frame.

"Yeah, yeah. Where's your father?"

"I'm not sure. He left the house, so I think he either went to run errands, or he went to check up on Chaewon."

Minju observed Y/n's change in mood the moment he mentioned the radish girl's name.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?"

"There's something wrong. Your mood changed when you mentioned Chaewon."

'Oh... It's just- I want to apologize to her, but I don't know how."

"What do you mean, 'you don't know how?"

"When I went to apologize to her the first time, I started panicking, and I haven't been able to bring myself to do so since."

"I see..."

"I want to apologize to her before she gets back so that she thinks I'm being genuine, but I don't know... Every time I think of her, I just start panicking."

Minju rubbed Y/n's stomach as she spoke with a soft voice.

'It's okay, Y/n. As long as you actually apologize to her, I'm sure things will be fine. You should also make an effort to help her with whatever you can to lift the burden off of her shoulders."

"Do you even know what happened?"

Minju looked up, worried.

"No?"

"I see..."

"What happened?"

Y/n continued his silence. He wanted to tell her what had happened, yet he was scared. Y/n worried that if he told Minju that truth, that she wouldn't like him anymore. She was afraid that she would look at him differently.

"Oppa? Did you do something?"

Y/n's heart sank. The anxiety came surging back into his body as he recalled the prior events once more. The image of Chaewon's face under the dim morning light burned itself into Y/n's brain. Y/n's breath grew shallow once more.

Noticing this, Minju grabbed Y/n's hand.

"Oppa, you don't have to worry, as long as you didn't mean to do it, that's all that matters, right?"

Y/n's hand began to shake, worrying Minju further.

"Oppa??"

Desperate, Minju straddled on top of Y/n, straightening his face.

"Oppa..."

The worried girl leaned forward, planting her lips on Y/n's in hopes that it would calm him down. After a few moments, Minju felt Y/n's breathing stabilize as well as his hands.

The two stayed in their position for what seemed like forever, as they felt each other's presence.

Suddenly, the door opened, catching Y/n's attention.

"Mr. Kim, I-"

Y/n broke the kiss as soon as Chaewon's eyes widened.

"Chae-"