Chapter Seven: Fuel

Y/n groaned as he descended from the land of dreams.

That has got to be the heaviest I've slept in a while... I don't want to do anything...

The head of hair weighing on his chest, reminded the boy of the prior events.

Right.

With hopes of not waking the sleeping girl on top of him, Y/n stroked Minju's head.

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to snap."

Minju tightened her hug.

"It's okay... I just got jealous."

Y/N's heart skipped a beat as the sluggish sentence echoed in his ears.

She was getting jealous this entire time without me knowing? Of course... We've been close for a while. The addition of another girl obviously wouldn't make her feel good.

Y/n snapped back into reality, met with Minju's face in front of his. Frozen in place, Y/n felt his breath hitch.

So close...

Minju, still visibly sleepy, continued to stare into Y/n's eyes.

The two laid in place as memories simultaneously shuffled through both students.

"Min!! Come look at this!"

Minju stepped forward, gasping in awe as she held her hands over her mouth. In the boy's hand was a necklace with a small diamond that seemed to shine brilliantly.

"Is this mine?!"

"Yes. I thought it would suit you."

Tears dropped from Minju's eyes as she looked at Y/N's bright smile.

"Happy birthday."

The necklace hugged Minju tightly as she hadn't bothered to get it refitted for her growing body. Despite the years that had passed, the diamond continued to shine radiantly.

"Min..."

"Min?? Are you okay?!"

Minju cried in her seat. Her clothes visibly dirtied.

"Who did this to you?!"

Minju sniffled, "It's none of your business..."

"None of my business?! Tell me." Y/n slammed his hand on Minju's desk, "WHO DID THIS TO YOU."

Just then, a group of guys passed the classroom window, laughing as they eyed Minju.

"She didn't even fight back! Easiest free lunch of my life!!"

In a fit of rage, Y/n dashed out of the classroom, landing a clean right hook on one of the student's faces. Everyone in the halls gasped as the student laid on the floor unconscious.

"You little shit-"

Y/n threw a left hook, striking the second student's ribs, sending him to the ground reeling in pain.

"What's your problem??"

Y/n pushed the third and final kid to the ground, sitting on top of his chest.

"MY PROBLEM?! I'LL TELL YOU MY PROBLEM."

Y/n gripped the boy's shirt with his left hand as he relentlessly pummeled the student's face with his fist, breaking the skin of his knuckles.