Chapter Three: Daughter

Yuri flung herself onto Y/n's bed stomach first, giggling as she bounced on the mattress. Only the sound of her body colliding with the soft surface filled the dark room until Y/n flicked his light switch.

"You didn't put shorts on underneath your skirt?" Y/n questioned.

"Nope!" Yuri replied.

Chaewon smacked Y/n's arm, "Why the hell are you looking?"

Y/n rubbed his sore, "It's hard not to notice bright pink underneath white."

"Still," Chaewon glared.

Y/n joined Yuri on the bed, pulling her deeper before attacking her sides with his fingers. The pads of his digits rubbed against her cotton sweater with playful energy like ten mischievous faeries dancing on her skin. Yuri's laugher echoed through the room, sprouting smiles on the olders' faces.

"Oppa!! Stop!! Stop!!! I'm gonna pee!!!"

Y/n pulled his fingers away, squinting at the hamster. "I thought you grew out of your bed wetting phase."

"I did!!" Yuri pouted, "I just can't control my bladder when you're tickling me."

"Go pee then—so I can tickle you more."

Yuri slithered through the bedsheets and around Y/n's body. She nuzzled her cheek against his chest, letting off a satisfied hum as she took a deep breath. "I think I'd rather stay here."

Chaewon watched the small hamster cling to her master with a warm smile. She pointed toward the door, mouthing, "I'll be in my room."

As the door closed with a soft thud, Yuri tugged at Y/n's frame. The two slowly moved onto their side, drawing Yuri closer and closer to the line she was afraid to cross.

Faint chirps of crickets tapped at her psyche. She grasped onto the hope that she could make Y/n stay. There was something she could do or say that could plant the seeds of doubt in his mind. Maybe it was a heartfelt plea. Alas, she opted for the truth with a mental sigh.

"Y/n oppa."

Y/n hummed, lowering his eyes to the girl's crown.

"I like you."

The room grew silent. Though he couldn't hear her clearly, Y/n knew what she said.

"Wh-What do you-"

"I like you. Like... Like like you, Oppa." Yuri lifted her head from his clothes, connecting their gazes. "I want to marry you and grow old together."

Y/n gulped, "Why me...?"

Yuri took a deep breath as she hugged Y/n's torso. "Because you've always been nice to me. I've been able to rely on you for as long as I can remember, so I want to stay by your side where I'm comfortable."

The young girl raised her arms to Y/n's neck, wrapping them under its weight. "I've matured a lot, Oppa. I'm ready to give you everything." She pulled herself along the length of the man's body, maintaining eye contact the entire way through.

As she inched closer Y/n reached for excuses in hopes that one of them would deter the young hamster. "Th-There are way better guys out there, Yuri ya."

"Not in my eyes there aren't."

"I'm also moving-"

"I'll ask my mom for a phone so we can keep in touch." Yuri replied. "We can call whenever you're free."

"Chaewon would be mad at me if I accepted this..."

Yuri stopped. She laid her head under Y/n's chin with a defeated sigh. "I knew it. You two are dating."

"Y-Yeah..."

Y/n glanced at the door, widening his eyes. The last person he wanted to hear what he said leaned against the wall squinting at him.

Shit...

"That's right." Chaewon joined. She slid into bed, pulling Y/n on his back to wedge herself under his arm. "Mr. Kim and I are dating."

The radish maid raised her lips to her master's ear, letting off a heavy sigh. "I'm going to kill you for this."

Y/n flinched. Chills shot through his body and his ears grew red. While he didn't doubt that Chaewon meant what she said, some part of her action carried a seductive tone.

"How long have you been dating?" Yuri prodded with a frown.

"A while," Chaewon smiled. "We wanted to keep it a secret, but now it's out." She raised her head to meet Y/n's uncertain gaze, "Isn't that right, Babe?"

The radish slid her hand against Y/n's body, gripping his neck before affectionately rubbing his cheek with her thumb.

"Yeah..." Y/n chuckled nervously.

"Can you two kiss...?" Yuri questioned.

Y/n's heart dropped. He turned to Chaewon's cautious gaze. Disgust and apprehension filled her eyes.

"N-Not here." Chaewon stuttered. "It's too embarrassing."

Yuri frowned, "Why not?"

"It's not something we like doing in front of people." Y/n replied.

A smug grin grew on the younger girl's face. "So you have kissed."

"Can we move onto something else?" Chaewon interrupted. "What else would you like to know?"

Yuri pinched her chin, "Have you two fucked-?"

"No!!" they replied in unison.

"Alright, alright~" Yuri giggled.

The budding high schooler planted her cheek on Y/n's collar with a soft sigh. A soft silence filled the room, drawing Y/n's attention to Yuri.

In spite of her advances, she still appeared as the sweet angel he always saw her as. Joyous warmth filled the man's body as she played with the soft fabric of his shirt.

"I'm going to miss you, Oppa," Yuri mumbled. She reposition to connect her gaze with Y/n's, "Make sure you don't forget about me, okay?"

"I would never forget about you," Y/n chuckled.

Yuri wrapped Y/n's free arm around her waist. She placed her head back on the man's chest with a soft hum and a content smile. In these final moments Y/n found himself able to take in Yuri's presence.

The once small, innocent girl he pampered and looked after grew up into the budding woman that laid on top of him. Her cute squeaky voice now flowed through the air with a husky and soothing tone. Even the cute little dumpling cheeks of hers faded, revealing a beautiful visage.

Part of the man envied whoever she found in the future. The idea of someone taking his precious hamster away tugged at his heart, but he also felt joy.

Soon. Soon enough, she'll find someone who will take care of her as not only a friend, but a lover. She'll have someone to turn to and smile with the cheeky grin that hid her chestnut eyes.

"Sleep well, Yuri ya."