You're my Cake

The soft morning light was peeping through the curtains when Ant woke up, feeling being enclosed from all four sides, unable to move. He panics for a moment and opens his eyes only to be welcomed by two bunches of brown hairs of different shades pillowed on his chest.

Ant chuckles at his predicament wondering why Dec and Tony always choose his chest as their favorite pillow and how he always ends up waking up in this position regardless of how or where he sleeps at night.

He rubs the sleep off his eyes and looks around to find what has woken him up. He feels his phone vibrating non-stop from where it was on the bedside table and sighs annoyed. He somehow stretches himself to take that call only to be disappointed seeing Simon's contact.

Ant: "Seriously Si, you could have just knocked on the door" he wheezes.

Simon: "Good morning. Wait, why do you sound so breathless?! You alright?"

Ant: "I just woke up-" he whispers.

Simon: "Why are you whispering? Oh, let me guess. Dec and Tony are cuddled to you? Can't sit up, can you?"

Ant scoffs at his teasing voice and grunts displeased, waking Dec who grumbles and whines inside his throat before squinting his eyes open in question.

Ant: "It's nothing, go back to sleep baby" he whispers and caresses Dec's hair making the smaller man purr and bury his head deep into Ant's chest.

Simon: "Sorry to wake you up Ant, but it's urgent"

Ant: "What's urgent at 7 in the morning Si? And where are you now?!"

Simon: "I am downstairs, didn't want to knock and disturb Dec's sleep" he says meaningfully.

Ant rolls his eyes at that but knowing how grumpy Dec can be early in the morning, he couldn't help but agree with Si's decision.

Ant: "What's up?"

Simon: "Seth is here. He has something important to discuss with you"

Suddenly Ant was wide awake and his eyes fall on his sleeping husband hesitant "Can't he wait an hour more?"

Simon: "Ant, this is important!"

Ant hears a bit of trepidation in Simon's voice and sighs heavily: "Okay, then. Give me a minute"

He ends the call debating with himself whether to wake Dec up or more and was taken aback to see the familiar green-blue eyes right on him.

Ant: "You're awake?! How long?"

Dec: "Since you took the call" he grumbles.

Ant: "So you were spying on me?"

Dec grimaces "No, I was just too lazy to wake up. What does Si want?"

Ant: "Seth is here"

Ant's voice mirrors Simon's hesitation and this unnerves Dec

Dec: "What's it now..."

Ant shakes his head "I don't know. He wants us downstairs"

Dec nods "Let's go"

-------------

Alph: "Drug enforcement?!!"

It was some fifteen minutes later that everyone understood the purpose of Seth's unexpected visit and was both shocked and confused by the sudden changes made.

Si: "So they were involved in drug trafficking?"

Seth nods with a sigh "The whole case is being transferred. A new officer will be leading the investigation from the NCA"