Painfully Deep

Lol I am sure you are done with my apologies but really, sorry for being late🙊🙈

The next day Dec wakes up feeling his hair being played with and opens his eyes to see Tony sitting beside him on the bed with a box full of crayons scattered around him, while Ant sat next to him, applying shades to some picture Tony has drawn with one hand while with the other, he absently caressed Dec's hair.

Dec: "What's happening?" He croaks, resulting Tony to startle and turn around.

Tony: "Deccey is awake!!!!"

Dec laughs at that excitement "Too early for you to get this hyped, don't you think?"

Ant shakes his head in exasperation and caresses Dec's cheek lovingly, making the brown-haired man purr in content.

Ant: "How did you sleep?"

Dec: "Better than before..."

Ant understands what Dec wanted to say and gives him a small smile before leaning down to kiss his messy hair.

Dec: "When did you wake up?"

Ant: "An hour or so...somebody was too excited to lie still after waking up"

Dec laughs at that and watches the little boy who had his face buried in the new drawing he was doing, his little tongue poked out in concentration.

Ant: "He got all your perks," he says affectionately "you sure he ain't yours?" He asks quietly so that Tony wouldn't hear.

Dec: "Nope, have you seen him make the bed?" He says equally quiet.

Ant laughs at that while Dec cuddled to Ant's side, caressing the familiar pattern of colorful shades Ant has applied on the picture - of him, Tony, and Ant walking hand-in-hand.

Dec: "It's beautiful"

Ant: "I was teaching him how to apply shades. He is a brilliant student... and has great observational skills too. I was thinking maybe we should make arrangements for him to get some art classes"

Dec: "You can teach him?"

Ant shakes his head "Nah, he needs a professional who can groom his techniques and all. I mean look at the details in this picture!"

Dec hears pride in his voice, one which he has only ever heard when praising Dec for his achievements.

Dec: "You sure he ain't your child?"

Ant laughs loudly at that, prompting Tony to look around curiously. Dec smiles at the kid as Tony extended the picture he was drawing towards Dec.

Tony: "Look what Anth taught me, Deccey..."

Dec: "It's beautiful Tony, well done"

Tony's eyes glisten with pride at that, prompting Dec to rub his hair in affection. The boy soon goes back to finish his picture while Dec snuggled deeper into Ant's arms.

Dec: "What are our plans for today?"

Ant: "Rest of the Animal Kingdom... it's a big place. We would have to rush"