The Nicest Person I Know

*As mentioned in other chapters: Flashback is given in Bold *

Ant felt his eyelids drooping as he drank the fourth cup of coffee that night. The map of the city is sprawled before him and he is trying to locate the possible areas where Dec must be taken. Simon and Robbie have informed the cops but Ant is in no way ready to wait for them.

He chastised himself for falling asleep the previous  evening. He has come back from the search exhausted not just physically but emotionally as well and had gone to the room and into Dec's side of the bed only to feel Dec's scent...to feel Dec. But then he had fallen asleep. He had woken up at midnight and was too angry at himself for falling weak like that Dec needs me...there is no time...

That's when he took the map Robbie has gotten for him and is now going through it. He was about to stand up and leave to brew another coffee and maybe something more to add with it, when a cup appeared in front of him. He looks up to find David smiling sadly at him

David: "You look like a zombie"  He sits opposite to him and looks at the map "Found something? "

Ant shakes his head and sighs heavily "It's a vast area...all these are deserted places and there maybe more than a handful of abandoned buildings....and this road...goes out of the state. All others go to dead ends.

David nods "I thought  we could find something from the CCTV"

Ant: "They aren't that stupid. No cameras on this road" he rubs his eyes tired

David: "You should  sleep"

Ant glares at him and David sighs

David: "Look Ant...I am not saying you can. Nobody is able to get a good night's sleep here Ant, I bet on everything I have that they all will be awake right now. We are just looking after each other, Ant...trying to look after you. Stephen just fell asleep now. Yesterday I saw Si pacing around the corridor late at night. We all are worried but tiring ourselves out is no good...I know we are losing time. And if not for the people I care about around me...I will be like you, going around the city without a beat to find him. I want to. But then I look at Stephen. And I stop. That's what we are doing with you too.  What do you think Dec will say if he was here?"

Ant smiles "He will tie me to the bed"

Dec: "And if he is here? And you see him like this?"

Ant sighs "I will tie him to bed instead?"

David smirks "That's too much information"

Ant laughs at that "Don't let him hear you!"

David laughs with him and says "He should see me sitting  with his Anth like this in the middle of the night"

Ant rolls his eyes "The Scrappy Doo"

David sighs as tears fill inside Ant's eyes

David: "He will be alright. You know he will be"

Ant slowly at nods and swallows "I know... it's more than that though. It's just that I don't know what he is going through and... when he is away from me...I just feel lost...totally lost. Like I don't have what makes me with me anymore...like I am not me anymore. He is just not my friend or boyfriend, David...he is my husband. My life depends on his. Tied together for ever"

David looks at the man before him in wonder.  He hasn't yet let the tears fall though. And he wont. David knows he wont.

Ant sighs and wipes his eyes. He drinks the coffee and makes a face "What's it this?"

David: "Something to help you sleep"

Ant looks at him wide eyed.

Ant: "Not you didn't!"