For the Better and Worst

The next day Dec woke up with a start and sat up to squint around the room. Tony had already woken up and left and it hurt him a little bit that he was helpless to help that child whilst stuck there. He wished Ant would reach there soon, rescue them. He smiles remembering the dream that he had...of the three of them together-  one happy family.

His smile soon fades as he tried to remember what he dreamt the previous night and comes up with nothing. Nothing!

No..no, no don't tell me I am losing him...I cannot not see him...at least in my dream..at the least...

He had felt as if his heart was torn down when Nick tore their photo into two. And when he there the watch and it shattered, that was the rest of his heart too and now to lose Ant from his dreams...Dec felt as of the strings that connect them are breaking day after day.

He holds his wedding ring closer and wills his mind to snap out of the dark thoughts. We are bonded for life. I am his...he is mine...we will always have each other...

He snaps his head up as the door opens and smiles seeing Tony's small head peeping in.

Dec: "Good morning"

Tony gives him a wide grin and enters, placing his food on the table and climbing up the bed.

Tony: "You were asleep for a long time than me"

Dec: "Really? How long?"

Tony: "Er...3 hours. How long are three hours?"

Dec: "That's not long"

Tony: "Really?! But Dad says it is when I am asleep. You were slept for too long, he says"

Dec frowns at that "How long do you sleep?"

Tony: "Three hours! But when I am with you I sleep more. Dad was angry today because I slept more"

Dec: "You are a child Tony, you should sleep at least 7 hours"

Tony's eye wide comically at that "Seven hours?!!! That is too long isn't that!"

Dec shakes his head "No it's not. You know how to read time?"

Tony: "Lily taught me last year. But I forgot...I know when I hear the tin-tin. 5 tins are five o'clock, 7 tins are 7 o'clock. It's okay. Nobody asks me the time, I don't need it"

Dec: "Then how did you realize I slept for three hours?"

Tony: "I woke up when I heard seven tins. Then I made your food and came to call you when I heard
Nine tins but you were asleep. Now when J was coming to call you, I heard ten tins. So you slept 3 hours more"

Dec: "You are a smart boy"

Tony giggles at that "I know. Are you smart?"

Dec: "I'd like to think so. All our friends say I am"

Tony sits cross-legged and Dec instantly realizes what he needs

Dec: "Let me guess. You want to hear about our friends, don't you?"

Tony bushes and nods "Are there too many?

Dec: "You wouldn't believe"

Tony: "You all were in school together?"

Dec shakes his head "College. I told you about the place where we go after school right? There"

Tony: "Who is your best friend?"

Dec: "Best friend? That would be Anth. But I had a friend before I met Anth. His name is Stephen. He is the reason why I joined that college"

Tony: "So that's two"