Final Foregiveness

The sun was shining brightly when Richard stopped his car in front of Simon's huge mansion and took a deep breath in. The few weeks that passed after Nancy's demise were fairly normal for the bunch of people inside that house, although everyone felt like something was looming on the horizon waiting for them.

Both Simon and Ant had started focusing more on their respective business matters while Gary and Robbie went back to their respective families. Anne Donnelly had returned to the UK with her daughters while Christine stayed at her house in L.A. with Sarha. David was busy proofreading a new book he has in his drafts, which left Stephen and Johnny ample time to work on the script of their new stage play with occasional help from Dec. And as per Dec, he has assumed the role of a 24/7 caretaker for both his husband and the little boy under their care because of which you could always find him in a close proximity to Tony, unless they are with Ant. For both Tony and Dec, Ant is some sort of a hero figure - the centre of their world and the anchor of their existence - someone they trusted more than themselves.

However, in Dec's own words, sometimes Ant is a stubborn dummy who lacks in the act of self-preservation. And that is why if you cannot see Dec stuck to Tony's side, chances are that you can very well find him stuck to Ant's side. Anne Marie has more than once teased Ant's rush in concluding his meetings before the 10 P.M. curfew - something Dec has imposed for everyone in the house. 'I don't want him to panic' Ant would reason to Anne, and she, being his PA and best friend of over a decade knows the amount of care and respect Ant has for Dec and his feelings. 

And nobody has forgotten the gravity of the things waiting for them. The shrouded mystery of Tony's mother's demise, the fake documents carrying the identity of Tony's lost aunt, the extremely concerning criminal links of Tony's step family, and more than anything the countless hit-men roaming around in search of Tony....  the disconcerting picture that Richard provided them regarding the case had made them lose their sleep for almost a month.

The last time Richard had been to Simon's enormous mansion was a week after Nancy's funeral, and it was to gather more information on Tony's childhood with his mother. Although there isn't much developments in the case, and certainly nothing worth sharing right now, he didn't understand the longing that took him to that house as he is barely someone who acts upon his impulses. But there he is... in front of the huge gate, raising his ID card to the ever patient security guard.

Why am I here...

Richard has always admired the dedication of such hired personnel, which, when compared to many people in his own department, doesn't speak highly of the country's law enforcement system.

It was Holly who welcomed him into the house, although it was unnecessary as he has become a part of their extended family, allowed to enter and exit as he pleases. 

But why is he here now...he didn't know...

"Uncle Richard!!!!" 

Richard only had half a second to react to the ever familiar voice that came with something small and fast jumping upon his torso, squeezing him for a tight hug. 

Dec: "Kidda, you'd kill him, huggin' like that..." 

Richard: "I- am us-ed to it..." 

It was after a moment that Tony let him go, jumping himself off Richard and running to the garden, probably hearing Ali's calls for a snack break.