Second Chance

If anybody is yet to get the reference of the title... learn your BGT well 🤭 *hint* *hint*

---------------------------------

Dec tightened his grip on Ant's hand as the mountain rocked again. Ant was holding his hand and hanging in the air, ready to fall into the deep valley below, anytime.

Ant: "Dec...let me go"

Dec: "No!! No, no. Stephen will call Philip soon, they will rescue us"

Ant: "Not if you too fall down with me! Take that cat and get to safety, Dec! Now go!"

Dec: "No I won't! I won't leave you"

Ant: "Dec, please! If you don't...you will also fall down"

Dec: "I won't let you go..."

Ant: "Sometimes you just have to"

Dec: "You jumped down to save me.  If not for you that bird would have hurt me and taken the cat away!"

Ant: "I won't let it hurt you...I won't let nobody hurt you"

Dec: "Hold on...please..."

Ant: "I will save you...and if I can't, I will die trying"

Dec: "You get hurt every time you try to save me. Every.Time! Since we met!"

Ant: "Somethings never change eh?"

Dec: "Anth?"

Ant: "Dec...forgive me"

The next moment Ant's grip on him loosens and Dec watches as Ant falls into the valley, without making a sound

Dec: "Anth!!!"

Dec sits up on the bed with his hands outstretched, his eyes desperately trying to find Ant but failing. His eyes adjust to the light and after a few seconds,  his mind realizes dream from reality.

He then hears light whimpers from beside him and turns around with his heart in his throat to see a teary-eyed Tony look at him in fear.

Dec looked at the figure in abandoned despair and to see those blue eyes in fear and pain brought back the panic of his dreams. Without another thought, he pulls Tony to his arms, hugging him close and tight, wanting to protect him from everything and everyone in the world

Dec: "It's okay... you are fine...you will be fine. I won't let them hurt you! You won't get hurt...you are fine"

Tony doesn't react but just cuddles into the smaller man's chest while Dec held him tight. As per Dec, he desperately wished it was Ant. Save and secure in his hold...he wished he could hold his husband like that.

It was only a while later that Dec snapped out if his panic. He loosens the hold around Tony and looks at the little boy now stuck on him with affection.

Dec: "When did you come in? Are you fine? Did he hurt you?"

Tony shakes his head and looks at Dec with soulful blue eyes

Tony: "No, I ran to you before he can find me...you asked...you asked me to come to you, in case..."

Dec: "Yes, you must. I am happy you did, okay? I want you to"

Tony nods and then frowns as Dec lets out a defeated sigh

Dec: "Why did you try to help me, Tony?"