Stand By Me

The song given is "Stand by Me" by Ben E.King. But I have used the Skylar Gray version of it which goes well with the scene.

In the previous chapter many of you didn't get the reference of "that's my coat". I was talking about that Instagram conversation they did where De wanted to buy a jacket which he did but then returned because he didn't like it. There was this scene with Dec telling how that coat is "his" whilst in the car😂👆 Such a Diva❤❤

-------

As the private jet took off in the direction of Orlando, Ant felt every ounce of worry leaving him. They have somehow managed to enter the plane without anyone spotting them, mostly because it's night and also because they have tried to be as low key as possible, wearing casual clothes with caps pulled down and taking only two bodyguards who will leave them at the Orlando hangar.

He sighs heavily and sits back in his cream leather recliner, smiling as his eyes fell on one of the most adorable sights he has ever seen.

Dec was lying on his back on the leather couch in front of him, wearing black shorts and a white button-up shirt with his shades hung on it. He was reading a book on his Kindle device, all the while caressing the neatly combed hair of the little boy who has fallen asleep on his chest.

Ant has put a throw blanket on both of them, knowing how the temperature can dip when the plane ascends, something that Dec is still finding hard to adjusts with.

Tony was fast asleep even when they set out from Simon's house and Dec didn't have the heart to wake him up after the fright he has had from the shopping centre.

Ant felt angry at himself for losing it like that whilst the kid was watching. The reporter was stalking them and taking their pictures and Ant had got furious over the utter lack of disrespect he was showing. His concern for Dec and Tony had made him confront the man who was too arrogant for his own good.

But clearly the event was traumatising for Tony and Ant's worry for the boy only increased. Tony is so much like Dec- innocent, cute, sensitive, emotional, brave, kind and loving. He has the maturity of a grown up which Ant knows is the result of the responsibilities he might have had to carry out, even as a kid. But there is also that part of him which is still so carefree, untainted and naive. Ant loved when Tony showed that part of him as it always brought immense joy to everyone around him.

But more than anything the little kid is so protective over Declan. Ant has seen it more than once, not to mention the many times Dec has told him how Tony basically saved his life. He wished he knew more about that. He wished Dec will open up to him... he hated seeing Dec and Tony suffer in silence.

They don't deserve that.

Dec: "I could feel a pair of eyes boring into my skull"

Ant flinches a bit as Dec turned to stare at him and laughs: "Do you now?"

Dec: "How many hours until we reach, Anth?"

Ant: "Six hours baby, it's only been some minutes since we left the hangar"

Dec: "Why don't you get some sleep, then?"

Ant: "You got bored of me or what?"

Dec scowls at that and Ant laughs "Scrappy Doo"

Dec blushes in response and Ant sees his eyes moving to Ant's chest. He knew his adorable husband enough to realize what he wanted.

Dec smiles shyly as Ant stood up from the recliner and walked to the sofa. He takes the little boy from Dec's chest and carries him to the foldable bed on the side. He tucks him safely in and walks back.