Meeting the Snake

Sitting inside Richard's car that was rushing towards god-knows-where, Andrew felt the pain and exhaustion lulling him to a troubled sleep. He was having a hard time keeping his eyes open while the other man kept on sending glares of distrust. Finally, he feels as if he has had enough of the awkward silence between them, and asks: "What do you want to ask me?"

Richard hesitates a beat and asks "Would you like a cup of coffee?"

Andrew turns to him shocked "Co-ffee?"

Richard shrugs "Mac told me you might need some sugar"

Andrew: "I am fine..."

Richard doesn't respond to that but takes his car into a Starbucks drive-through before ordering for them

Richard: "Hope you like my choice"

Andrew nods "I am not picky about my choices"

Richard nods in response.

Andrew: "Where are we going?"

Richard: "Somewhere private?"

Andrew: "Thought you will be taking me to your office"

Richard: "Under what charges? I already collected your witness report from the scene"

Andrew frowns at that, which deepens when he is given a pumpkin spice latte. 

Richard: "You are allowed to drink coffee?"

Andrew huffs at that "Are you this rude to everyone?"

Richard shrugs: "More or less"

Andrew: "I wonder what made you so..."

Richard takes in a deep breath at that before whispering "People like you"

Andrew doesn't respond to that, already expecting the answer

Richard: "Why are you doing this?"

Andrew: Doing what?"

Richard: "Helping them. What's your motive?"

Andrew smiles at that "Why do you think I have a motive? I do it for my friend"

Richard: "Friend? Which one? The one you nearly forced yourself on or the one your old friend nearly forced himself on... while you stood and watched?!"

Andrew closes his eyes at those memories before sighing "I have done a lot worse... "

Richard frowns at that confession 

Andrew swallows his emotions in before staring right ahead, hiding his tear-filled eyes from Richard:  "I am doing this because I don't know how else I can repay the kindness Dec had shown me. You wouldn't know what it feels like when someone offers you a hand whilst you drown... Dec did it, even when he knew it could hurt his relationship with Ant. He trusted me even when my friends and family didn't. He gave me hope... he gave my life back..."

Richard was silent throughout, trying to find any hidden lies between Andrew's words

Andrew: "I will never hurt them. Nor will I do anything that could hurt them. You don't have to trust me but please don't your waste time on me... there are people out there waiting to hurt Dec and Tony."

Richard doesn't say anything, instead stopping his car in front of what appears to be a prison. Andrew's eyes widen at that as he turned to Richard in disbelief.

Richard: "How about we meet an old friend?"

Walking into the gray walls and toward the reception of the prison, Andrew felt numb and nauseating. He knew whom they are going to meet there and it wasn't fear or nervousness that made him clench his teeth, but it was disgust! and a lot of anger.