I will always need you

*Sorrryyy for being late*

*Flashback scenes in Bold*

Dec stares stunned at the little boy with fear and despair.

Dec: "F-ell down? How is he? Do you know how he is now? Was there anybody else with him?!! Was it on the news? What did it say?!"

He has sat up on his knees and held the boy's hands, pleading. Tears welled up inside his eyes and Tony's eyes widen as they stream down.

Tony: "Y-You are sad? I am sorry...I made you sad"

Dec hastily wipes his eyes and tries to smile "No no no...I am not. Just..tell me? please"

Tony nods "In the news. I don't know what it said...I can't read" he says sadly and Dec's heart clinches in his chest, a lot of things hurting him.

Dec: "It's okay... it's-fine..." But inside he was breaking apart, fear for Ant's wellbeing choking him.

Tony wraps his hands around Dec's neck and cuddles to him. Dec held him close not knowing what else to do. He wished it was Ant, safe and happy inside Dec's hold. He wished he could hold and protect Ant like this. Away from the world, away from the heartache, away from all the pain and misery.

Tony: "You are afraid for him?"

Dec doesn't reply but just nods knowing if he opens his mouth it will only end up hurting the small boy on his lap. I hope Anth is okay...I hope he is fine and safe... Keep him safe god... please keep him safe...

Tony: "He was not alone, you know. When he fell, other people held him. They were shouting his name... what's his name?" He asks sheepishly

Dec was relieved as he realised that Ant wouldn't be alone. Their friends will look after Ant.

But only if he lets them do that...

Tony was looking at him wide-eyed

Dec: "What did you ask me?"

Tony: "His name?"

Dec: "Anthony"

Tony's eyes open wider "Like mine!! But....I heard something..."

A grin grows on Dec as he knew what  Tony must have heard

Dec: "And what was that?"

Tony: "His friends called him...Ant" he looks at Dec sheepishly

Dec's smile reaches his ears as he replied "That's his name"

Suddenly Tony laughs out loud "Like ant,  Ant?!"

Dec's heart skips a beat remembering how he has asked the same thing when he first heard Ant's nickname. The whole college was afraid of calling him that name...but Dec being Dec didn't give a thought. He has called him Anth and even if Ant was clearly annoyed at first, Dec knows by Ant's own admission that now...it is the name Ant most treasures.

Dec: "Yes..like ant, Ant"

Tony laughs again and flinches as he hears a sound outside

Tony: "Must be dad.. see you later"

A lump forms inside Dec's throat Don't go... let's talk... about anything...about Anth...just be with me... don't leave me alone...Anth wouldn't leave me alone...

Dec: "See you" he chokes out and watches longingly as Tony runs to the door.

Dec yet again leans back to the wall and as he hears the door closing after Tony, he lets the tears flow down his cheeks. His heart hurts as he let the held back sobs out, failing to stay bold and strong.