All that I am, All that I ever was

*The song underlined is Chasing Cars by Snow Petrol. Kind of works when you read those parts with the song in the background.
Try it😉*

-------------------------------------

Robbie looked at Ant with concern as they sat down for breakfast. He hasn't spoken a word since last night and didn't even comment when they invited Andrew to sit with them.

Simon: "So, what are we doing first today?"

Gary: "I just got those locations Andrew was talking about. Let's go to respective civil offices and ask them about the place and check whether any Parslovs got their properties there.

Alph: " Or Simmons. His mother's family"

Robbie: "Ant, you okay with it?"

Ant just nods at that but doesn't say anything. This worries everyone.

Alph: "You okay son?"

Ant nods again and just stares at his food in disinterest.

Nikki: "Don't you like it?"

Ant: "No, eh...it's good, I am just not feeling hungry"

Simon: "Eat something Ant, we have to leave in half an hour"

Ant just nods at that.

Christine: "How about some toast, Ant?"

Ant: "No, I am fine"

He slowly eats the food and it didn't take anyone much to realize that something was bothering Ant. As they finish the food, with Ant only eating half of his share, they walk to the living room and decides to question Ant from there.

Martin: "Ant, something is bothering you. What is it!"

Ant: "Apart from the obvious?" He tries to snap and escape the questions but the tone just falls sad.

Alph: "Ant?"

Ant: "It's...it's nothing...I eh...well, erm..."

Christine: "You know you can tell us everything don't you?"

Ant: "Yeah, eh....oh wait I forgot my wallet. Excuse me"

He goes to his room and everybody looks at each other concerned. They then look at Alph who nods and follows Ant.

As he reaches the room, Ant was standing in the middle, his hands holding the footboard tight, a forlorn look in his eyes.

Alph: "Son, you okay?"

Ant: "Eh...yeah, eh...I am fine"

He tries to walk out but Alph stops him.

Alph: "What is it?"

Ant sighs heavily and sits on the bed. He then says in a small voice.

Ant: "I wanted Dec to be the first one to know it but...eh...you know how we decided to start a family right? So we went to an adoption agency and submitted our profile and eh...I got a call from them saying that our request went through"

Alph felt his heart breaking at that and he sits near Ant and gives him a one-arm hug.

Alph: "That's a good thing, eh? And also we are going to find him in no time. You can tell him then, Ant. Be strong"

Ant: "It's not just- that"

He turns to Alph with welled up eyes and says in even smaller voice: "I had friends in their firm and knew they would call us. I wanted this to be a surprise to him....I wanted to reveal this to him... today"