As Bright as the Star

*I am so sorry for being late! Life's lil busy rn and couldn't bring my head into the story. It's been long since I updated this and even for STAY, I am not that happy with my last update as now I feel like I shouldn't have let Stephen reveal his secret so soon (yup I just advertised my other story here lol) .

Thank you so much for sticking with me even when chapters are lame. Love you all and I will try my best to update regularly ❤️

*Trigger warning*

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ant hummed in his sleep as he felt a bunch of soft hairs tickling his neck. He buries his face into the scent of soothing lemon grass and grins as he hears a whine.

Ant: "You awake?"

He looks down to his chest to see the closed eyelids opening, showing the beautiful hazel eyes of his husband, reflecting the bright sunlight now streaming through the windows.

Dec: "Mm..and you?"

Ant: "What do you think?" He chuckles but Dec doesn't

Instead he yawns sleepily and Ant caresses his cheek

Ant: "I love you"

Dec looks at him with sad eyes and asks after a beat

Dec: "Do you really?"

Ant frowns and sits up, pulling Dec to his chest

Ant: "Why would you ask that? Of course I do. Really, I do. I love you"

Dec: "Then where are you? It's been over a week, Anth...did you forget all your promises?"

Ant felt panic settling in  "No I didn't!"

Dec: "You didn't help me...you could have helped me...why didn't you Anth?"

Ant's heart broke at that "I- Deccey...I...I couldn't-"

Dec: "Don't I matter to you anymore?"

Tears sting Ant's eyes and he shakes his head urgently "Of course you do! Baby, I will die for you. I can't be without you! I will lose anything to get you back but-"

Dec: "But you didn't. You didn't agree to Nick! He was hurting me Anth...you could have stopped it...but you didn't"

Ant looks into the green-blue eyes stunned and felt as if the colour is fading...As if Dec is fading

Ant: "Dec! No..no...Dec, let me explain"

Dec: "You failed me...you broke my trust ...you failed me..."

Ant: "No..no, no! Dec, you must know ...I want you back Dec...Dec!!!"

Dec "You failed me..." It echoed

Suddenly Ant sits up, sweating profusely, wincing at the way his back protested at that sudden movement and opens his eyes to the pitch black around him.

He blinks his eyes to adjust with the sudden change of brightness and loneliness envelopes him as he found himself in the dining area, surrounded by looming darkness.

The map of the city was still sprawled on the table, the part on which he has fallen asleep dampened due to sweat and tears. Ant rubs his face in frustration and his eyes find the fancy bottles on the shelves, the dark liquid beckoning him. He closes his eyes and controls the urge to drink himself into oblivion.

You failed me

The phrase was like a spear to his chest and he felt the guilt and self loath choking him.