Puppy Power

* Flashbacks in Bold *

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec hums as he feels gentle fingers on his forehead and opens his eyes. He squints at the daylight and tears well up inside his eyes "Head...hurts"

The hand on his forehead disappears and he hears the sound of blinds being dropped and the light dims. He sighs heavily and yet again familiar hands are around him helping him sit up.

He leans sideways to the strong chest of his husband and yet again wipes his hurriedly welling eyes.

Ant: "You must be feeling terrible"

Dec: "Evherhything hurbts"

Ant places his lips on Dec's forehead and winces at the heat emanating from him.

Ant: "Baby, you are heating up. How about I call the doctor again?"

Dec: "Nho...docthor...yhou habve to go to work...I'll be obkay"

Ant: "No you won't be. And I have taken the day off"

Dec: "Yhou did thath yestherday ...donth do thath today" he coughs harshly and Ant rubs his chest for him.

Ant: "Oh sweetheart, stop talking for a few seconds, will you?"

Dec sniffles and rubs his nose on his sleeves.

Ant: "Oh god, such a child you are at times"

He takes a tissue from the bedside table and gently wipes Dec's face and asks him to blow his nose.

He then chucks it to the bin and slowly rubs Dec's chest.

Ant: "Tell me if this hurts okay? That flu has really taken it out of you. I have told you a thousand times to not to roam around the city without your sweater on"

Dec: "I didn't" he looks at his husband through his lashes and Ant rolls his eyes

Ant: "Really? But Stephen's twitter posts said something else?"

Dec grins sheepishly at that and Ant laughs "Liar"

Dec sneezes heavily and Ant looks wide-eyed at his snot covered T-shirt

Dec: "Oops"

Ant shakes his head and climbs down to change the T-shirt. He then walks back with a thick hoodie for Dec.

Ant: "You remember doing the same when we were in College?"

Dec giggles "Sneezing at you? Yeah"

Ant: "And laughing about it!"

Dec: "You were so grumpy back then"