The Awakening

It was finally the longest night of the year, or as the nigrum sanguinem pack would call it- The Awakening. All the pack members that turned 18 this year would find not only their mates but also their wolves.

Greyson P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring, lovely another day to wake up to. Today I didn't throw my poor alarm clock across the room, I was happy to wake up for a change, today felt good. I'd find all that's missing today, complete myself today.

Thoughts of getting my wolf buzzed around my head, happy thoughts filled my head, well that's new. I'll also find my mate today, must look nice for her. I smile to myself at that and make my way to the bathroom, still not completely in the mortal realm.

I dragged myself in front of the mirror to begin freshening up and calming down my black hair that was a mess from the night and stripped quickly getting in the shower.

I finally got time to process my thoughts in the shower, since it was a big day for me, I was bound to be a little nervous. Goddess, I wonder what my mate will be like, what my wolf will be like; just the thought of this had me smiling like an idiot.

Out of nowhere, I hear a voice in my head, "Hey idiot, will you stop smiling to yourself like a maniac?"

Let me guess, My Wolf. I reply "hey buddy, well since you're so great at introductions, tell me your name" while rolling my eyes at him.

"Victor, and I get to be stuck with you for the rest of our lives, YAY, lucky me" he replied in a sarcastic tone. Well, I guess we'll get together since his passive-aggressive taunts go well with me.

Who fed you wolfsbane today?

I then rushed out of the shower while still talking to Victor, put on my black jeans, and began putting on my white shirt when Victor said, "Stop, you're not in the Mafia, dress to impress our mate, put on the black shirt".

Guess he did have a point and I switched to my black shirt and combed back my hair, satisfied with what I saw in the mirror, I headed downstairs.

I scrunched my nose as I smelled eggs and pancakes and headed to the table, only to find my mum already seated and waiting for me. She nods in approval at my look, served me the delicious food and begins eating herself.

"Grey, baby you're gonna find your mate today, I'm so excited," mom said while munching on her food.

"Yeh, me too mom, and I got my wolf, he's a little bitch called Victor", I snicker while Victor growls at me.

"Language Grey, and you'll be shifting for the first time tonight, so I suggest you not be a jerk to your wolf", she said narrowing her eyes at me.

" I'll finally be able to take up my Alpha duties, and the pack will get its Luna" I said, just this thought forced a smile across my face.

" Your Dad would've been proud honey; you'll do well in his footsteps and do justice to his legacy", she said.

I nod my head in acknowledgment and my thoughts went to my dad, who was killed in the war when I was 13 but quickly pushed them away not wanting to upset myself on my special day.

It was almost time for the ceremony by the time I was done with my food and talking with my mom and quickly bid goodbye to her and left for the ceremony, which was occurring in the pack ballroom. Sadly, my mom couldn't come with me, as anyone who isn't part of the ceremony isn't allowed to go anywhere near it, since being close to horny newly shifted wolves isn't exactly a great idea.

I looked forward to meeting my best friend, the Beta of the pack, Jace, who is also taking part in the ceremony today. It's a big deal that both the Alpha and the Beta are part of the ceremony so the event was prepared extra specially and the pack was also expecting a Luna and Beta female.