Velvet Boxes

Ella P.O.V.

"Yep, this will be nice for a bit, the weather is nice too", Cami said as we scoped out the field. It was in the nice plains with an even spreading of shade providing trees. 

We'd gotten sick of being in the car for too long so decided that we'll have our lunch in an open field. And we just hit the jackpot of nice open fields. 

Right now we were on our way back to our pack, we stayed with Alpha Matthew for a day before deciding that we had to head back. Can't leave the pack alone for too long without their Alphas and Beta.

"Yes- you know when water is at just the right temperature- neither warm enough to be unsatisfying nor cold enough to give you brain freeze. That's what the weather feels like", Jace added grabbing our lunch out of the car.

"I think what doofus over here is trying to say is that- the weather is perfect", Grey snorted at Jace.

"And, just for that comment, you get to hold our lunch while I get to hold Ellie", Jace said with a smirk and handed over our lunch to Grey, who took it grumbling. Then he bent down in front of me and having done this probably a hundred times by now, I jumped onto his back. Making him give me a piggy-back ride.

We walked over to a spot under a big tree, under its shade. Cami laid down a white and red burberry print blanket on the ground before we all got on it.

This reminds me a lot of the first date Grey took Jace and me on. It was lovely, just as this is.

But only this time, it's better because Cami is here.

"Anyone else getting major deja-vu right now?", Jace said putting me down on the blanket before sitting on it himself.

We laughed with him at the innuendo while Cami looked clueless, let's keep it that way. She looked cute and confused.

"Open the lunch, I'm starving!", Cami said and I seconded her. Jace gave us the burgers from a rest stop which had enough oil in them to put Alaska to shame. It was greasy, it was homely- I get why humans choose to poison themselves with these.

Quickly scarfing down our food cause we were starving, we decided to just stay here in the field for a bit longer, none of us too eager to get back into the stuffy car. 

Grey sat next to me before laying his head down on my lap. I played with my Alpha's black hair as he looked comfy in my lap with his eyes closed and lightly humming when my fingers rubbed against his scalp.

Seeing him so peaceful, I bent down and stole a kiss from his supple lips but pulled back before he could deepen it. He grumpily opened one eye making me giggle mischievously. Aw- he's pissed I pulled away so soon.

Then he used one hand to push me down from my shoulder and claimed my lips, this time at his pace, having his fill. Goddess- why does he need to be so dominant all the time? it makes it hard for me to not have -those kinds of thoughts.

Marina however cheered our mate on who controlled my body with just a single hand.

I'm so glad that I've gotten this comfortable with them all. I now look back to realize that I've come a long way from an anxiety-riddled omega to Luna wolf. All thanks to my mates who led me this far, they gave me love, they gave me a reason, they gave me my confidence back.

They all truly treated me like a princess, in line with the nickname they lovingly gave me. They loved me enough for me to see my worth, and it wasn't just weak omega, I learned that I'm worth something regardless of my rank.

I couldn't thank the goddess enough in a hundred years for giving me, such thoughtful mates.

As Grey pulled away Jace hooted for him, "Once more!"