One Soundproof Office

Camille P.O.V.

I frowned when I had to say no to Ellie and Grey for lunch, I wanna go so bad. "Leave the stupid pack out to die, go to lunch with mates", Aurora suggested helpfully.

"We're the Alpha of said 'stupid pack' now, gotta take care of them.", I reminded her.

She grumbled incoherently, before going away for a nap, lucky bastard. Ever since the war was over I was the Alpha to these stupid bastards, but now after I and Grey have mated, our packs will unite. And this merging business is a lot more work than it should, but Lily has been a goddess-send; huh guess my first time not using her name in vain. 

Soon enough, the pack will move in closer to Grey's, and their warriors and wolves would be able to move between packs. For that however, I have to ensure that there is no longer even a whiff of any war-talk within the pack, nothing to endanger Grey's pack. I've been going through registers of pack members and conducting interviews of those who fought in the war, most didn't want to but were forced by that midget Alpha. 

I still was however suspicious of a few members and was going to be extra thorough with this before the merger. We'll need a larger pack-house to accommodate more members, even construct a few houses in the no-man's-land between the pack to aid a smoother intermixing of the packs. This situation isn't very common and no packs have merged in the past century or so, but our situation is rather unique.

This train of thought landed me to new accommodation, to new roles, to new employment opportunities, to new training facilities, and on and on and on. Before I knew it, it was seven in the evening meaning I gotta get back home to my mates.

"You home?", I asked Grey.

"On my way home baby, just left the packhouse", he said.

"Okay, I'm leaving too", I informed him, then I opened up the link with Jace to ask, "You home pup?"

"Nu, not yet. Leaving soon though.", he said through the link, sounding really tired.

"I'll come pick you up, okay?", I said to him not wanting him to get even more tired by walking home. I had to travel by car to get to the pack-house, which was too far to walk, so I'd just pick Jace up on my way home. I know he's a Beta and would be fine on his own, but I still wanted my little mate to be comfortable.

"Really!?", he exclaimed, "Thank you Cams, just come in".

I nodded and made my way to the car, frowning at the old piece of shit. I wanted a new one- one that doesn't start creaking like a roof under rain every time I pass the speed of 60.

---------------------

Knocking, I made my way into his office which he kept unkempt. He looked up in slow surprise as if he had gotten to lost in work to sense my presence coming in. He did look pretty adorable when he focused like that, his tongue darting out occasionally without his knowledge. The furrowed expression soon turned into a bright smile, "Cami! You're here! I've been thinking bout you all day", he admitted.

"Hey, puppy! how long you gonna be?", I asked him.

"Um- just like ten more minutes?", he said and I nodded assessing his office- I wonder how he finds anything here. I silently begin cleaning up his office while my trash panda of a mate worked on his paperwork. 

Gradually dealing with some of the mess he had made I found my way over to his desk. It had a framed picture of all four of us, we were smiling on the beach when we went on vacation. We looked so happy, Jace still marked up by my love bites on the beach while Grey had Ella in his arms in a princess hold. I need another vacation already.