Goodbye Father

Camille P.O.V.

"Kill him! Get his throat Cami! Want to taste his blood!", Aurora growled in my head, not helping with my already bubbling anger. How could he do this to me? Hell, why am I even surprised?

I thought I'd be afraid to see him again, but no- now I was craving to see him, to have his throat, to see him dead. It won't be enough retribution for what he put me through, but I needed to see him dead. Aurie once again howled angrily in my head, giving me a headache. Luckily her mates began to soothe her through their link giving me some relief.

Beside me, Jace and Grey were also just as angry, if not more, as we made our way to the dungeon. Ellie stayed back home, Marina wouldn't have been able to see what I was going to do to that bastard.

Was Grey mad at me?

Mad that I didn't tell him about the pup?

I get that Alpha wolves are pretty particular about the firstborn with their mate- I couldn't give him that. I frowned and silently mourned the loss of the pup, I didn't get to grieve back then, I was too focused on surviving. I wanted to at least see my pup once, how is he now? Is he happy? is he hurt? Another wave of worry radiated off me.

One thing at a time.

"Grey?", I said making him stop and look back. I took in a deep breath, "Are you mad at me?". He immediately lost his angry face much to my relief.

"What? no- no baby. I'm not mad at you, I'd never be", he explained and I nodded. 

"But you are mad-", I said but was cut off by him saying, "I'm mad, but not at you. That Beta had quite the mouth on him before Jace tore it away"

Okay, that makes sense and I nodded at him weakly. "He made you mad?"

"Ye, Cams. He said shit about you, shit I'm having a hard time getting out of my head. But please don't think I'm mad at you for what happened back then, I'll fully be with you, whatever you decide to do", he said. I smiled and pecked his cheek, happy with him and his support. 

"Cams? Just one thing", he said making me stop.

I hummed in question and he continued, "Just- just don't kill him. Get your answers and leave him to us, I wanna have some fun with the piece of shit". Both he and Jace held baleful grins and I nodded at my mates.

As we made our way to the dungeon, Aspen guarded the door. He saw me and pulled me into a quick hug. What happened to my douche 'don't touch me' brother? I reveled in his warm hug before he eventually pulled away.

"You're fine now?" he asked sounding worried.

"I am", I replied. "They put you on guard duty?", I teased and he blew a raspberry at me. 

"You should go home now, it's been too long. Crystal must be worried", I said.

He sighed and nodded, "Okay, come visit later. Crystal has been wanting to invite you to dinner"

"Yep, will do", I said and he began leaving but turned back and said sadly, "Just take care, Cami"

"Will, I'll see you, Aspen"

"Let's go in Cams? We got some ass to kick", Jace said trying to lighten my mood. He opened up the heavy metal door to the dungeon with a sharp creek, and immediately Father's scent engulfed me.

And in a moment, I was a little girl locked down in his dungeon all over again.

Flashbacks rushed through my head and the phantom pain of the bruises he left me with started to attack me. It always hurt the worst when he hit me, not just because he was an Alpha but also because he was my father. He was supposed to love me, to protect me, what did I do wrong?