An Alpha Wolf and Grilled Cheese

Ella P.O.V.

Not knowing what to do, I just held her, I held her like the precious creature she is. Grey and Jace had just left for the dungeons, to kill those who had hurt Cami, hoping they make it hurt too. I couldn't help with that, all that I could do was hold her as she slept. I think she'd retreated somewhere deep into her consciousness, leaving Aurora in charge. 

That's her form of defense mechanism.

Which I respect, but we needed her right now, and she needed us. We can't let her hide in her mind this time, this time she needs to be here. She needs to be here and realize that the threat is gone and that she no longer has to be afraid of him.

"Aurie? you there darling?", I whispered into her ear.

She hummed and groaned before eventually opening her lids to reveal those shining red eyes. She yawned and carefully looked at the position we were in, I guess our Alpha wolf was not used to being held.

"Mm- Ellie. Mate"

"Yes baby, hey. Is Cami still asleep?", I asked and she nodded vigorously sending her curls in a frenzy.

I chuckled at her motions which were not used to the human body, I get it Marina can barely make it down the stairs without tumbling. "How are you feeling?", I asked petting her curls- surprised that she was still allowing me to hold her.

She shrugged trying to be indifferent. "Um- Cami doesn't want to come out", she told me.

This time Marina tried, "How Aurie feeling?"

"I feel fine mate, just tired", Aurora replied.

I kissed her forehead making her beam. "You hungry?"

She nodded eagerly, "Am, get food now?"

"Sure, let's go down to the kitchen. We'll talk while I cook for you", I said and got up making sure that she was following me.

I made her sit on a stool next to the kitchen table, "Grilled cheese as usual?" I asked.

With a wide grin, she nodded. Aurora loved grilled cheese. Sometimes she would make an appearance while Cami was asleep, just to demand one of us cook her some grilled cheese.

Which we did, happily.

She watched me cook for a bit before asking, "Ellie, are they both dead?"

"I'm not sure, love. Jace and Grey won't respond to my links- things might be intense over there", I replied.

"Aurie's mates not talking either", she said with a pout.

"You afraid of them both?", I asked her while putting the sandwiches in the grill.

"Not afraid. Cami is but", she replied and perked at the smell of the cheese melting on the grill.

"Don't worry, love. Grey and Jace will kill them. Then Cami will never have to be afraid again", I reassured her while plating her food and sliding it over the counter.

She hummed happily before digging into her sandwich, messily might I add. Within minutes both her sandwiches were gone, and I was left with a happy Alpha wolf with cheese all over her hands. She got up to put her plate in the sink and gave me a messy peck on the forehead before continuing on to wash her hands.

I giggled at her silliness, "Is Aurie happy now?"

"Am happy, mate," she said wiping her hands with a towel.

"Aurie baby, you do know that we need Cami back now?", I asked her in a soft tone.

She knew that she had to relinquish control back to Cami, but was so hell-bent on keeping her human away from any discomfort. "But, wanna talk to you", she whined.