Candy

Jace P.O.V.

He kissed the top of my head, my best friend did, who I just found out to be my mate. 

"Mate kissed us, mate likes us, like mate Jaceth" howled Tytus in my head in a calming voice, making my cheeks curve to let out a smile.

Maybe this won't be so bad, I think Grey likes me. The pack will accept their alpha and me. What if he doesn't want to stay with a guy; what if he rejects me? All these questions float in my head and before I knew it I was crying into my mate's chest again.

Being close to Grey calmed me down, we smelled like sizzling fire somehow, so warm and inviting. He noticed my crying and held onto me tighter and brushed his hand up and down my back till I calmed down again.

I was desperate to talk to Grey, about anything, just hearing his voice felt like heaven; I said in a low voice while looking up at him with a tear-stained face, " Grey, please don't reject; I want t-- I want to have a mate"

Grey's deep dark brown eyes showed a slight look of possessiveness as his face contorted into a pout for a second; he cleared his throat and said in that deep voice of his, " Never, I would never do that Jacey. listen, I know this is unexpected but I won't just reject my mate, and I hope you won't either, we'll figure all this out" reassuringly.

"We'll figure this out", I said while attempting to stop my voice from cracking.

He used his thumbs to wipe away some of the tears, I knew that I looked pathetic, crying in front of him like this but for some reason, I knew he wouldn't judge me.

I stared into his chocolate brown eyes to which I had never paid prior attention, but now all of a sudden they looked filled with emotion and I wanted to drown in them. I think he noticed me gawking at him as his lips twisted into a crooked smile, that damn crooked smile that I find so beautiful now.

"We should get going, the first shift will start in a few hours", said Grey, to which I nodded and followed him out of the storage room, subconsciously attaching my hand to his.

The ballroom was empty at this point since we had taken a lot of time in the storage room, we were about to exit the ballroom when we were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing his throat, my Dad.

We turned around, hands still attached to find my dad looking at us, and seeing our joint hands questioningly. " Are you boys mates", he questioned with a raised brow, calm flooding his tone.

"Yes Uncle Ben, we are, I don't know how, but we are" answered Grey for me and squeezed my hand reassuringly. 

Dad stayed silent for a moment like he was thinking about what this could possibly mean and then said, " Very well, this is unusual but the moon goddess always has a plan for us. Greyson after the shift tonight, I expect to see you in my office, you'll be taking over your father's duties soon son"

Dad smiled at us, he liked to act all tough but I know he was happy that I found my Mate; he had probably already mind-linked Mom by now telling her all about us.

Grey nodded and we took this as our cue to leave, I wasn't worried about my dad being unaccepting, he wasn't conservative like that and believed in the moon goddess's will.

We exited the huge ballroom and decided on heading to Grey's place to process everything for a bit.  We walked the streets of our pack's territory, only to be met with questioning looks; although no one dared to linger their gaze in fear of the Alpha and the Beta. 

I knew they were all looking at us because we were holding each other's hand when they expected us to be coming home with the Luna and the Beta female. I was the Beta, the second-best warrior in the pack, but under all those judging eyes I felt small.

Grey must have noticed this since he pull me closer to him and placed his hand onto my waist, earning a playful glare from me, which soon turned into a blush.

"Aww is little mate blushing from me?" asked Grey knowingly, his classic smirk printed onto his face.

"Your mom's blushing" I retorted back, followed by a light blow to his abs.

His abs suddenly felt attractive to me somehow and I wanted to feel them, but controlled myself, much to Tytus's displeasure.

He snickered at this and we continued to make our way to his house. We were crossing the park when it suddenly hit us, the sweet smell of candy, It was calling to us, almost like the scent of a mate.

" Mate" screamed Tytus into my head

"What? Mate? What about Grey?" I questioned him, which all went unheard as he continued howling at me to follow the scent.

I froze on my spot and noticed that Grey wasn't moving either, and his nose for scrunching at the scent. I looked into his eyes for an answer.

Our eyes met and we both understood, we followed the sweet scent into the almost empty park since most kids were home because of the first shift tonight.

My gaze fell upon a girl on the swings, her brown hair tied in a French-tail, her green eyes focused on the book on her lap, wearing a dress that shimmered with sequins at the bottom; she was the source of the intoxicating scent.

"Mate, she's mate Jaceth," said Tytus in my head; I couldn't move.

"What about Grey then"

"He's mate too"

"What? How?" I questioned, which was ignored by Tytus.

The girl noticed us looking at her and gave us a beautiful kind smile, she must not be 18 yet as she wasn't at the ceremony.

I looked at Grey once who looked equally as confused as me,  but I could tell that she was his mate too.

"Mate" growled out both of us.

a/n

hey readers, thanks for choosing this book, and Jaceth is pronounced as "J-Seth".

Please vote and interact with the book for candy.

Thanks and keep following the book.