Behind Silver Bars

(a/n- this chapter contains crude language and references to S.A. Kindly click away if this will affect your mental health negatively. Just comment here if you don't want to read, and I summarise the chapter for you.)

Jaceth P.O.V.

I don't- I don't understand.

My mind was a running mess with repetitive thoughts about what happened. Why did Cami react so negatively to them? Why did they show animosity towards Cams?

I had a theory in my mind, but I prayed to the goddess that It wasn't true. Please don't let it be what I think it is.

Currently, we're all huddled up in our bedroom where we took Cami after tackling both of them into our packhouse dungeons. Aspen, Grey, and I had an easy time against the old Alpha and his Beta and locked them up easily. Of course, we'd wanted to interrogate them, but I had a feeling that they wouldn't give us an easy time and that we'd have to depend on some more- extreme methods to get answers out of them. We didn't have time like that when our mate had passed out, we had to take care of her first, she always came first.

Grey was bubbling with anger and he held Cami in his arms on our bed, with Victor making occasional appearances. I think holding onto Cami was the only thing keeping him grounded. Ellie too was whimpering with discomfort and confusion as we all waited for Cami to come back to us.

I paced nervously around the room, unsure about what to think.

Slowly I listened in on her heartbeat which rose indicating that Cami was up. She was up but she didn't move. Her eyes opened up glossy as she just stared at the ceiling, not moving, not talking. She had three pairs of eyes set on her, which she knew but she still didn't move her wet eyes from the ceiling.

With a broken voice, Grey called out to her, "Cam- Cami- baby?"

Then the floodgates burst open and she began wailing, wailing like I'd never seen her do before, not even when she told us what happened to her in the dungeon. She held onto Grey like he was her lifeline, the only thing she could hold onto in this storm of emotions. None of us said a word, we couldn't, we didn't have the words.

All that we could do was surround her in a warm embrace, and that we did. She cried like a pup, wailed, and sobbed bitterly and all we could do was hold her, console her through our touch. Thinking sharp, Ellie released her Omega pheromones into the air of our room to comfort her Alpha. Omega pheromones had a calming effect on everyone and especially us because Ellie was our mate.

That made Cami relax a bit, just enough to stop sobbing but tears still escaped her eyes. Ellie gave her a glass of water which she denied at first but took when Ellie insisted. With big gulps, she flushed the water down her hoarse throat. All the while Grey constantly rubbed her back or the top of her head.

Once her cries had shriveled down to snivels she finally let go of Grey, who still didn't lose his hold on her body. "Cami- is he- is he who we think he is?", Grey asked sounding anguished.

At long last she looked at us and nodded weakly, "He is" she said sounding resigned.

"He's who?", Ellie asked still not having caught on.

"My father"

-----------------------

We made our way to the dungeons where Aspen was guarding against the scum Alpha and Beta. Knowing what they did made me wanna light em up on fire once again. What kind of a man does what he did? hurt his own daughter and let others rape her? and watch all the while too?