Chapter 14*

Hayden's POV

I really love the taste of liquor.

And beer. Just not wine, wines not my thing. But I just really love alcohol in general. I mean it's truly amazing how a liquid can make you feel so good, so quickly unlike most things that seem like they take forever to even give you a single feeling.

The way it feels when it enters my body, and the burn of said liquid is like being electrocuted from the tip of my tongue to my toes as though it's the most alive feeling of all. I mean when you're down in the dumps and you're looking for a way out alcohol is a great option.

Or maybe it's not. Maybe I'm just saying all of this because I am wasted beyond my own beliefs. But eh? Who knows.

"So yeah basically I got benched because I'm failing a class right now. But it's honestly not even my fault I've been busy." I shrug before I pick up the glass of whiskey then bring it up to my lips.

The man in front of me blinks a few times. "You really aren't that smart are you?" He questions as he replaces my empty glass and I furrow my brows in offense.

"That's rude. Why would you say something like that to me when I'm quite literally on the verge of going to the bathroom and drowning myself in the sink." I inform him before I grin. "Just kidding."

"Mhm. You know you're telling me about your high school football team when you just showed me an ID that said you're twenty-three." He deadpans.

Oh...

"College football." I correct with a shrug as I slightly squint my eyes to see him better.

"You literally told me 'you should come to the high school to see me play sometime' like two seconds before that." The bartender shakes his head as he begins to make another drink.

"Hmm...I'm a coach." I chuckle slightly as I pretend to find the misunderstanding funny.

Looking over longingly he sighs. "Yeah cause coaches can bench themselves."

"Clearly you know nothing about coaching college football." I sigh as I fake disappointment while I try to save my own ass.

"Seems that we have something in common then." He muses and my gaze flickers up to him as I try to give him a charming smile that usually gets me whatever I want. "You're lucky I'm not going to kick you out."

My smile widens even further because this damn thing does magic. "Good. Wouldn't want to have to involve the manager in your shenanigans." I point a warning finger at him.

"If you're trying to threaten someone I'd advise you to open your eyes all the way and stop smiling at me...it's giving me the creeps." His face twist as he turns away and mine drops.

What a rude guy?

I sigh as I look out the windows near the front where I see the coffee shop Blair works at. It's right across the street so I watch as some of the lights flicker out then my eyes shoot to the door when I see her walk out. She looks down to her phone as she locks it then begins to walk towards her car.

Though her movement stop when she gets a phone call. And considering it's me calling her, no surprise takes me over. "Hello?" She answers.

"Blair!" I said so loudly that a few people look my way. "What are you doing?"

She takes a moment then sighs. "Um I just closed up the coffee shop an- wait where are you? It's so freaking loud I can hardly hear you."

"A place." I inform her. "I like your outfit."