A Sumo And His Cake

Izzy belongs to XxBunnyFloofxX on Deviantart, also based around an AU we RPed about where the boys are all sumos

It was another boring day at the monastery, Kai was out on a date with Lloyd at an all you can eat sushi bar, Jay was helping out Zane and Pixal with some sort of hidden project (although that might be a story for another day) and Cole was with Garmadon at a larger shrine, being awarded his new Kesho mawashi.

Meanwhile his longtime girlfriend, Izzy was looking around his room until he got back. "I must have searched around this place a hundred times over, when is Coley going to be back from his promotion?"

The only place she hadn't checked were the higher shelves she couldn't reach, although an old scrapbook ended up falling onto the floor. "How convenient." Izzy giggled, approaching the fallen book. The leather cover was wrinkled and covered in dust, obviously it hadn't been touched in at least a few months. Odd since Cole was more than happy to show his girlfriend any other photo albums he had.

"Maybe this one is extra special to him. I guess it wouldn't hurt to peek." She thought, carefully opening it up, inside were many pictures of Cole when he was just a toddler. "Aww, these are just the sweetest! Cole made an adorable baby."

The first two pages were loaded with pictures of when he was born, but right afterwards was something very different. Cole was now dressed in some sort of school uniform and obviously wasn't happy about it, Izzy figured this must have been during his time at Marty Oppenheimer.

"Wow.. He looks so thin too, I can almost see his bones. He looks way different now!" She remarked, it hurt seeing him that gaunt.

"Izzy? You in here?"

"AH!!" She squeaked, dropping the old scrapbook on the floor. "Coley Kins! I didn't expect you to be back so soon.. I.. Umm, I found this on the shelf, was this you?"

"Oh.. My dance school yearbook. Yeah that's mine, I really didn't want to remember my time there. It was bad enough when Dad kept commenting about my love of cake.."

---

"Don't you think you've had enough?"

"But Dad, I only had two slices. I wanted something sweet."

"Well why didn't you just have an apple then? You never have an appetite for anything healthy but you always stuff yourself with sweets."

"But-"

"Do you want to end up like those obese sumos? A dancer must be light on his feet."

"... Okay Dad."

---

"Then the school banned any and all carbs, meaning I hadn't got cake until I finally ran away and found Garmadon. I don't even know why I kept this thing around."

Izzy couldn't believe her boyfriend went through all that, she would have strangled Lou if she saw him around. "How could anyone keep you from your favourite food?! It must have been torture!"

"It was, but now I got all the pastries I want and I got to meet you! You were always there to get me all kinds of tasty treats whenever I felt down." Cole cooed, kissing her. "Screw those teachers, I've now got the best girlfriend in the world who makes the sweetest cakes!"

"Aw, do you really mean it?"

"Have I ever lied to you before? Speaking of cakes, I could go for a celebratory snack, how about making me a nice chocolate mousse cake?"

Izzy didn't need to be told twice as she dashed right into the kitchen. The scent of melted chocolate mixing with sweet whipped cream soon filled the entire monastery. "I should start a new book dedicated to her cakes."